Cant sleep...may as well jump in the lake.

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Headed for work at 5AM Friday morn....worked straight through and returned home at 10:30AM Saturday morn....Slept most of the day Saturday and at 11pm, Im wide awake with nothin to do.....good time for a water hunt!
I made my way to the local lakeside park. The gates were closed so I took the mile long footpath in. Got in the water about midnight and hunted about three hours.There apparently hasnt been alot of activity at the beach yet as the targets were few and far between.First good ticket was a silver ring with a diamond like stone.Then a big ol stopwatch. Next was the large, hollow earring (10k), and finally, a very nice 14k ring with an emerald and six diamonds. Found about three bucks in clad and very little trash.
It was a beautiful night with some nice finds. I havent been able to hunt in some time and this was some great stress therapy......I love this hobby!
Best of luck to all .....Joe

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 778
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 780
  • PICT0001_0001.JPG
    PICT0001_0001.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 772
Upvote 0

Paul4x4

Dec 31, 2007
Finland
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/Pro-Pointer/Ace 250
You have got to be kidding! That's one serious loot you got there! :o :thumbsup:

Drudge

Nov 19, 2007
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab: eTrac, Excalibur II, Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theres nothing like a good night hunt especially in the water, hehe...great finds :thumbsup:

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, I think I'll go jump in the lake.

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done, very nice finds! :thumbsup:

We were able to get some late night / early morning hunts in during the full moon days as well. It's nice to be out there all by yourselve's with nobody staring at you or looking at you with that, "What are you doing here?" look. :tongue3:

HH, Mark :icon_pirat:

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Oh how peaceful that must be. Congrats on the Great finds. I cannot really do that here...Sharks... HH

islandchips

Apr 8, 2006
Oahu, Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800,Excal2, Barracuda,White's Dual Field
Aloha Nice looking finds

Aloha-looks like it was worth the walk to the lake. We just had a Box Jellyfish invasion this past Friday and Saturday here on Oahu Hawaii. About 300 people got stung at Waikiki Beach. They come out every month 10 days after the full moon for two to four days. I think Monday night should be safe to go into the water.

beachboy

Bronze Member
May 26, 2008
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Well, that is great stuff.....I think that you have inspired me to getup real early and hit the pond....hopefully, I will have some pics....New month New finds......

OP
OP
jopher

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
bongo1962 said:
WTG you old water dog. Glad to see you getting out, even if it was a moonlighter. Bongo
Glad you stopped in Lee. Sounds like some of these T-hunters have pitfalls in thier water hunting. As you can attest....Im probably safer in the water in this neck of the woods...LAND SHARKS!

OP
OP
jopher

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
radarwill said:
Nice finds, but you earned them. The water in MI must be freakin cold. :o
The night air in Mi is cool.....makes the water feel nice by comparison.

OP
OP
jopher

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
unclejesse67 said:
Looks like fun. Great finds. Someday I'll have to try water hunting.
Do it!....Old stuff, new stuff....its all there. Try knee deepin it with your land detector.

OP
OP
jopher

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
Re: Aloha Nice looking finds

islandchips said:
Aloha-looks like it was worth the walk to the lake. We just had a Box Jellyfish invasion this past Friday and Saturday here on Oahu Hawaii. About 300 people got stung at Waikiki Beach. They come out every month 10 days after the full moon for two to four days. I think Monday night should be safe to go into the water.
Yeow!....worst I might encounter would be a carp......well, maybe a dead body.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread