Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck.....elections just took place and government is changing again !! These type of articles always come out at election time and are meant to stir up controversy/opposition. From reading the responses....I get the feeling that not to many bahamians are happy with the Allen/porter salvage contract. One thing I can say is old Danny boy will dig furiously while he can !! He is definitely on the marivilla and producing. New government will have a different view....PLP stands for peoples liberation party....they are the liberal party, and they don't like the 75/25 split. They would rather have a 25/75 split.....25%for salvagers, and 75 percent for bahamas. Who knows what will happen now....if I was dan porter I would dig faster and harder than ever....winds of change are coming .... again !!

Magoopeter

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
underwater
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
One question: since the UNESCO convention of underwater cultural heritage came out how many new naval museums have been created and in the countries that signed? Complete museums I mean.

The UNESCO policy making for underwater Cultural Heritage (UCH) creates a gap between theory and practice. They have presented an unrealistic model of policy making, they have failed to provide an inclusive policy , they have excluded and discriminated against people in society while creating unjust benefit for others, thus neglecting the fact United Nations policy has the responsibility to be inclusive for all.
Furthermore, this policy does not take into account the total benefits to society that are lost from keeping shipwrecks in situ on the seabed and excluding shipwrecks from commercial exploitation, it assumes that society benefits most by this policy this is not the case.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The UNESCO policy making for underwater Cultural Heritage (UCH) creates a gap between theory and practice. They have presented an unrealistic model of policy making, they have failed to provide an inclusive policy , they have excluded and discriminated against people in society while creating unjust benefit for others, thus neglecting the fact United Nations policy has the responsibility to be inclusive for all.
Furthermore, this policy does not take into account the total benefits to society that are lost from keeping shipwrecks in situ on the seabed and excluding shipwrecks from commercial exploitation, it assumes that society benefits most by this policy this is not the case.

Agreed... 100%

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread