What's new

Car Emblem? Belt/Sash Buckle/Jewelry? or Furniture Jewelry?

chukers

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
1,824
Reaction score
147
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK you experts... here is another one for you...

Its made of brass...
Its flat on the back...
Its almost 7 inches wide/long
It has a number on that back that says A4523

Any Ideas?
 

Attachments

  • Emblem-2.webp
    Emblem-2.webp
    43.8 KB · Views: 913
Re: Car Emblem?

The only car emblem that I know of that looks similar is the Audi - and I don't think its an Audi emblem. :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

B
 

Attachments

  • audi.webp
    audi.webp
    6.2 KB · Views: 771
Upvote 0
Re: Car Emblem?

Personally, I think it's an ornamental piece off a chest of drawers, cabinet, bookcase, travel chest, sewing machine, piano or some such furniture, but that's a guess also.....

I'm keeping an eye out for something similar!

Cool, whatever it is! :thumbsup:

SkyPilot

PS Is it flat, or does it appear to be slightly contoured, Chukers?
 
Upvote 0
Re: Car Emblem?

Sky Pilot said:
Personally, I think it's an ornamental piece off a chest of drawers, cabinet, bookcase, travel chest, sewing machine, piano or some such furniture, but that's a guess also.....

I'm keeping an eye out for something similar!

Cool, whatever it is! :thumbsup:

SkyPilot

PS Is it flat, or does it appear to be slightly contoured, Chukers?

The back is flat... the front has a curved front... so there is a front and a back for sure...

Thanks for taking the the to look.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Car Emblem?

No problem! :thumbsup:

We'll kinda keep it at the top of the list, and if we don't find an answer for it one of the other folks here most likely will!

Regards, SkyPilot
 
Upvote 0
Re: Car Emblem?

Sky Pilot said:
No problem! :thumbsup:

We'll kinda keep it at the top of the list, and if we don't find an answer for it one of the other folks here most likely will!

Regards, SkyPilot

I seem to be coming up with stranger and stranger things... I'm going to have to agree with what you said about it being funature jewlery... it does have that color... thats the closest so far...

Chukers
 
Upvote 0
Re: Car Emblem?

I'm still looking, Chukers!

Maybe we'll run across it one day!

Regards
SkyPilot
 
Upvote 0
Re: Car Emblem?

Surely some of y'all that have looked at this have some kinda idea what it is???

C'mon, let's hear it!

SkyPilot
 
Upvote 0
Re: Car Emblem?

Sky Pilot said:
Surely some of y'all that have looked at this have some kinda idea what it is???

C'mon, let's hear it!

SkyPilot

I think I've given up I'll throw it in the scrap brass pile... thanks for trying.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Car Emblem?

Hey Chukers and SkyPilot don't give up yet! I would say it does remind me of furniture hardware, kind of thinking 1950's era style.

Chuck.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Car Emblem?

Thanks for the encouragement, Chuck! :thumbsup:

I agree with you about the furniture thing, I'm thinking chest of drawers maybe.

Heck, I tend to be extremely persistent, it's the only reliable way to make things work in our favor! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:



Regards
SkyPilot
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Re: Car Emblem?

It looks like something off the front of an old raio to me.

Just guessing, as usual...

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Re: Car Emblem?

Hey Matt! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Long time, no see!

Great idea!
It never occurred to me it might be that, but it makes perfect sense; a piece of decoration over the speaker "grille"!!!!

Definitely the direction to look!!

Thanks Matt!

Regards
SkyPilot
 
Upvote 0
Re: Car Emblem?

Hey C, can you give us some more information like where you found it, was it near a specific place like a railroad or old homestead or business? What else did you find near it? Does the A4523 look modern or old? Also, is there anywhere on the back that shows attachment?

It reminds me of a sash buckle, which used a sash/piece of material that was threaded in and out of the circles to hold the buckle.

Unusual find, :thumbsup: Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Re: Car Emblem?

Breezie said:
Hey C, can you give us some more information like where you found it, was it near a specific place like a railroad or old homestead or business? What else did you find near it? Does the A4523 look modern or old? Also, is there anywhere on the back that shows attachment?

It reminds me of a sash buckle, which used a sash/piece of material that was threaded in and out of the circles to hold the buckle.

Unusual find, :thumbsup: Breezie

I'll upload a picture in the morning... so you can see the back... It very well be what you think it is.... The building that it was found by is a clothing bank.... its been there since 1980 as a clothing bank...


Chukers
 
Upvote 0
Re: Car Emblem?

The holes in it look like it was used attached to a drawer, or for funiture, like decoration ? usally if it was a vehicle emblem it was attached from the backside
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom