simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.

Davisdog

Jul 18, 2006
Spanaway, WA
Detector(s) used
Discovery 3300
Manufacturing plants who turn metal (on a lathe) or mill or similar equipment generate a lot of carbide scrap. Many of their cutting tools are either solid carbide, have replacable carbide inserts, or have a carbide cutting edge cemented on, like a carbide tooth circular saw.

Most of them will already have a relationship with a scrap dealer, but some will sell their scrap for cash to whoever knocks on their door.

OP
OP
simonds

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.
Thanks all for the very usefull information. I will check this all out. I'm looking forward to a semi-retirement in a few years. I would like to start a small business in my shop to help out with the taxes and utility bills which will still be coming in. Refining or recycling of certain metals sounds quite interesting and hopfully profitable. I wish to work alone and at my own hours and pace. Any information or ideas are appreciated. Thanks to you all.

DemonWolfe

Apr 11, 2008
Russell KS.
I have some pieces that have carbide teeth in them. But I have no idea how one would get the carbide out of the steel. When I get a chance I will upload a picture.

ageecee

Greenie
Jun 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some pieces that have carbide teeth in them. But I have no idea how one would get the carbide out of the steel. When I get a chance I will upload a picture.

You have some bits?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread