Cardboard coin boxes what do you do with them?

deja vu all over again..........

I take them to a 24-hour unmanned recycling drop-off location. Every time I've gone, I've been the only person there. Here is the website I used to find it:

http://Earth911.com

I don't work for them, and I am in no way associated with them.

All you do is type in your zip code and you can find a place that will accept corrugated card board. Not trying to preach here, but recycling them is the best way to go. The way I see it, if I can waltz out of a bank with $3,000 or more in coins in plain view of everyone in the lobby and the parking lot. Then I can at the very least take my boxes to a recycling drop-off and run the risk that someone again might see me. Just my thoughts.

Farchaus2k said:
deja vu all over again..........

I take them to a 24-hour unmanned recycling drop-off location. Every time I've gone, I've been the only person there. Here is the website I used to find it:

http://Earth911.com

I don't work for them, and I am in no way associated with them.

All you do is type in your zip code and you can find a place that will accept corrugated card board. Not trying to preach here, but recycling them is the best way to go. The way I see it, if I can waltz out of a bank with $3,000 or more in coins in plain view of everyone in the lobby and the parking lot. Then I can at the very least take my boxes to a recycling drop-off and run the risk that someone again might see me. Just my thoughts.

This. Why tempt fate?

conleytheking said:
I feel like some one posted a topic about this...like 30 mins ago? :laughing7:
Whoa I just read your post now I guess we where thinking the same thing didnt mean to hijack your thread

Farchaus2k said:
FormerTeller said:
This. Why tempt fate?

Temp what fate?

No no, I'm agreeing with you. Why let your neighbors or garbageman or somebody at the recycler's or anybody else know what you do? Tempt fate enough times and it'll cost you.

If they want to dump all this stuff, they can be my guest.

I just find it funny that people have no problem walking out of a bank in plain sight with thousands of dollars in coins, but somehow the garbage man or recycling plant workers are going to track you down and rob you.

Wouldn't it be easier to just rob you in the bank parking lot??

Farchaus2k said:
If they want to dump all this stuff, they can be my guest.

I just find it funny that people have no problem walking out of a bank in plain sight with thousands of dollars in coins, but somehow the garbage man or recycling plant workers are going to track you down and rob you.

Wouldn't it be easier to just rob you in the bank parking lot??
NO- I dont think we are worried about being mugged. We are worrying about someone who can 'case' our house the same day every week. Knows that we are no where to be found, and knows that we more than likely have large stashes of coins in our homes... thats an easier target than someone trying to rob me of my coin in a parking lot. I mean, look at my avatar. Im muscle, steel, and sex appeal!

Someone could do that to take my TV or laptop when I head out to work every morning. Or take my car when I'm sleeping. In theory couldn't someone follow me home from the bank and case my house then?? Just seems like we go to such great lengths to acquire and dump coins, couldn't we put the same effort into recycling the boxes? I don't want to preach, but like everything where there is a will there is a way.

I mean, I do not invite openly show people that I have a laptop, or nice TV or other material things, why would i with coin, BUT yes. you are correct, and I do recycle. I don't mind the trash man knowing I drink too much soda, and lots of bottled water.

It's all good. In the end everyone should only do what they are comfortable doing. I have a good situation where I can take the old boxes to an unmanned facility and be in and out in 15 seconds.

I haven't decided yet. I have a small collection going. I'm sure with my vivid imagination, I'll think of something "picture worthy"... :wink:

H$H!!
TGB

I am so sorry for you other folks, for I live in the wonderful land of Wood Stoves.

The boxes have incredible value, for they are packed with BTU's that start the fires in our Wood Stoves most handily.

So my boxes go to join the great carbon-bank in the sky.

When do woodworking in my shop, I use the boxes and think about CRH'ing.

It's all good.

Keep on Rollin' !

Piledriver said:
I am so sorry for you other folks, for I live in the wonderful land of Wood Stoves.

The boxes have incredible value, for they are packed with BTU's that start the fires in our Wood Stoves most handily.

So my boxes go to join the great carbon-bank in the sky.

When do woodworking in my shop, I use the boxes and think about CRH'ing.

It's all good.

Keep on Rollin' !

You took my answer Pile Driver. I got my stove going right now. It's a cool 39 in TN.
The Wood Stove is also good for burning other incriminating evidence like Crown Royal boxes and empty rolling paper packets. ::)

JK,
HH everyone,
Legend

Ditto
Wrappers get put in the boxes and boxes start the wood in the fireplace.
Works great and no waste or OPSEC issues.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back