Carry options

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or,even a perceived bad Guy.stoneshirt.
Someone threatening or attacking me, my family, or attacking me in my car or breaking into my home is not a "perceived bad guy" they are a criminal, thug, or threatening individuals and will be treated as such.

I have already pulled my firearm once when I was attacked at a stoplight because I refused to give someone a ride. Under Florida law, if you are threatened with "great bodily harm" it is justification for use of a firearm

“Stand Your Ground” law.

This law, as outlined in Sections 776.012, and 776.013, Florida Statutes, expands the scope of a self-defense claim traditionally available in a criminal case by:

1. Eliminating the general of “duty of retreat” imposed at common law;
  2. Presuming legal justification for the use of force in a person’s dwelling, residence, or vehicle; and
  3. Offering immunity from prosecution for individuals who resort to force within the parameters of the statute.
In its simplest form, the statute provides that a person is justified in the use of deadly force and has no duty to retreat if either:

• the person reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself, or another, or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony; or
  • the person acts under and according to the circumstances set forth in Section 776.013 (presuming a reasonable belief as to the necessity of force in the context of ‘dwellings,’ residences, or vehicles).

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It happened to me once.It could happen to anyone at Anytime.

Yes, it can happen at any time and it will happen when you least expect it to happen.

Twice someone tried to rob me when I was on the road, once late at night in DC, once late at night outside of Chicago on an interstate rest stop, one other time I was resting at a picnic table in a deserted campground during an 18 hour road trip when 3 guys decided I was an easy target, back then I traveled with 2 large boxers, my male weighed 110 pounds the female weighed 65 pounds, they did not see the dogs at first but once they did they realized they would have to get through the dogs to get to me and all 3 times they decided it was not worth the chance, I was not armed then, my boxers were my protection.

I no longer have or travel with my dogs, now I travel with the defense team of Springfield, Taurus, and Ruger.

Last edited:

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
Santa Marta de Magdalena,Colombia
Someone threatening or attacking me, my family, or attacking me in my car or breaking into my home is not a "perceived bad guy" they are a criminal, thug, or threatening individuals and will be treated as such.

I have already pulled my firearm once when I was attacked at a stoplight because I refused to give someone a ride. Under Florida law, if you are threatened with "great bodily harm" it is justification for use of a firearm

“Stand Your Ground” law.

This law, as outlined in Sections 776.012, and 776.013, Florida Statutes, expands the scope of a self-defense claim traditionally available in a criminal case by:

1. Eliminating the general of “duty of retreat” imposed at common law;
  2. Presuming legal justification for the use of force in a person’s dwelling, residence, or vehicle; and
  3. Offering immunity from prosecution for individuals who resort to force within the parameters of the statute.
In its simplest form, the statute provides that a person is justified in the use of deadly force and has no duty to retreat if either:

• the person reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself, or another, or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony; or
  • the person acts under and according to the circumstances set forth in Section 776.013 (presuming a reasonable belief as to the necessity of force in the context of ‘dwellings,’ residences, or vehicles).
It's a s if you almost look forward to it.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my favorites is this stretchable web belt, I can wear it high on the chest or low on the waist. Sometimes I wear jeans overalls and coveralls as they are comfortable, I can wear the belt under the overalls on my waist and have quick access or high on my chest under coveralls with quick access.

View attachment 1998136

I have a Sneaky Pete holster I use sometimes, no one has ever asked me what was in it either.

713J5ECRhHL.__AC_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

I also have a couple of these shirts too that can carry the left or right side. I have multiple holsters and methods to carry. I have a fanny pack I carry in too.

UTUC-Mens-Concealment-Crew-Neck-T-Shirt_White-2.jpg
Where do you get the shirts and how much??
Thanks!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL me too :laughing7:
I bought mine in Yellowstone one year at the end of the tourist season and it was 50% off.

Reactions: RTR

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have no clue of what your saying.I'm sure if you were here,you would find a REASON for packing Heat....I've also lived in Costa Rica,and Panama,let's hear your insightful comments on those Countrys.

Scared for Life.

Stoneshirt, move on to a different thread that is not about firearms and stop trying to cause problems.

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those that carry concealed while detecting - What concealed carry method/holster do you use. With all the stuff most of use carry (tool bag/trash bag etc...) and the constant up and down, what is working for you.
I usually carry this, mostly on the beach and at night. NAA Pug .22 Magnum. Fits perfectly into a small pocket on the strap of the hydration pack I use. Also have small kydex holster for it as well to mount on other belts/packs. Small and easy to carry. Stainless so when wet and sandy, easy to clean.

Also have a Taurus Judge Public Defender Ultralite .45/.410 which I user more for field/woods relic hunting

Attachments

• 20211231_122346.jpg
    20211231_122346.jpg
    864.6 KB · Views: 21

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's a s if you almost look forward to it.
stoneshirt are you really as naive as you make yourself sound, no one in their rite mind would ever look forward to shooting someone except someone that has no conscience.
i for one knows exactly how it feels to have to shoot someone in self defense and i will tell you it is one sickening feeling that you never forget, would i do it again if the same situation arose absolutely with out hesitation, did i ever plan or want to have to shoot someone hell no, had i not shot that someone, one of my family members would not be here today instead the way i look at it, it was him or me or my loved one and i was not going to let it be me or my loved one the someone i shot gave me no choice but to put them down just like a rabid dog gives you no choice but to put it down, stoneshirt i truly hope you never have to make a decision like i once did because your views will get you dead if put in the same situation as i was.

and to all forum members i appolagize but i just could read no more of stoneshirts ignorance

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
stoneshirt are you really as naive as you make yourself sound, no one in their rite mind would ever look forward to shooting someone except someone that has no conscience.
i for one knows exactly how it feels to have to shoot someone in self defense and i will tell you it is one sickening feeling that you never forget, would i do it again if the same situation arose absolutely with out hesitation, did i ever plan or want to have to shoot someone hell no, had i not shot that someone, one of my family members would not be here today instead the way i look at it, it was him or me or my loved one and i was not going to let it be me or my loved one the someone i shot gave me no choice but to put them down just like a rabid dog gives you no choice but to put it down, stoneshirt i truly hope you never have to make a decision like i once did because your views will get you dead if put in the same situation as i was.

and to all forum members i appolagize but i just could read no more of stoneshirts ignorance
You are as entitled to your opinion as he is to his. Boring world if everyone felt the same about everything.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You are as entitled to your opinion as he is to his. Boring world if everyone felt the same about everything.
You are correct, but its people like him that would willingly hand over all rites to the hitlers in the world and then question what and why bad things are happening

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets please move on.. this is not the politics forum, cant talk derogatory about other members.

saltednuts

Feb 12, 2011
york county, penn.
Detector(s) used
presently garrett gta 1000 , fisher cz5 and now a fisher cz21 10.5" coil and vibra=quatic 2 pinpointer add another cz21
I carry a Ruger 57 5.7x28 20 rnds in mag 1 in bbl in a Galco vertical rig shoulder holster with holder on opposite side for 2 extra mags. It is an ambidextrous rig. It also fits my 1911 A1 very comfortable rig use to be called Jackass leather if I'm not mistaken same rig Don Johnson used in the show Miami Vice .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions