What's new

Carrying a firearm while night detecting

I don’t beach detect but I do sometimes conceal carry depending on what part of town I’m detecting in. I also in those areas have my headphones down around my neck and just have the volume turned up higher. That way I can hear my surroundings better while also hearing my detector, while also not blaring my detector to the public.
 
Get yourself a safe for your auto !!!!! I did and will continue using it and I have a weapon on me 100% of the time OR with in reach at night ! I did have a CCP for several years but Missouri said we didn't need it anymore BUT I liked having it for traveling across our GREAT LAND ! I very raerly travel anymore
 
One cardinal rule about concealed carrying is simply this—Don't ever casually admit or tell anyone you carry! If you think about it, you'll understand why this is a cardinal rule!
 
Get yourself a safe for your auto !!!!! I did and will continue using it and I have a weapon on me 100% of the time OR with in reach at night ! I did have a CCP for several years but Missouri said we didn't need it anymore BUT I liked having it for traveling across our GREAT LAND ! I very raerly travel anymore
I also still have my conceal permit even though Florida no longer requires it, in fact open carry is now legal in Florida. I keep my conceal permit for travel to other states.
 
Get yourself a safe for your auto !!!!! I did and will continue using it and I have a weapon on me 100% of the time OR with in reach at night ! I did have a CCP for several years but Missouri said we didn't need it anymore BUT I liked having it for traveling across our GREAT LAND ! I very raerly travel anymore
I have one bolted to the floor for that
 
I also still have my conceal permit even though Florida no longer requires it, in fact open carry is now legal in Florida. I keep my conceal permit for travel to other states.
Yes, open carry is legal here in Florida, but I'm not seeing it being practiced. I prefer to keep mine covered
 
If allowed, I carry. Leaving it in a car I would never do unless I have too for some weird reason. The majority of issues that I've heard about usually involved:
A) Unlocked
B) Plain sight
C) No general effort to try and make it difficult.
Criminals by their very nature are lazy and don't want any confrontation whether a physical lock or standing your ground and not being an easy target.
 
If allowed, I carry. Leaving it in a car I would never do unless I have too for some weird reason. The majority of issues that I've heard about usually involved:
A) Unlocked
B) Plain sight
C) No general effort to try and make it difficult.
Criminals by their very nature are lazy and don't want any confrontation whether a physical lock or standing your ground and not being an easy target.
Being on the beach at night is probably not the safest thing, but I feel it's my right to be there as I please. There is always the scoop and a large dive knife on my belt
 
Keeping your weapon in your car while you're off somewhere else makes no sense. You may as well leave it in your gun safe.
 
Being on the beach at night is probably not the safest thing, but I feel it's my right to be there as I please. There is always the scoop and a large dive knife on my belt
10000000% (Unless posted otherwise for that particular location)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom