What's new

Carved Acorn from CSA Cavalry Camp Today--Authenticated + New Pic

That has got to be the nicest carved lead piece I have ever seen.I must have missed this post.Just a little late here :laughing7: but Congratulations on that Beautiful Piece Q.
 
That is a absolutely amazing piece of history! Congrats!
 
Have thought about these carved bullets, as a Metal caster of long experience I thought that to take an acorn, mix some clay with Bacon grease or some animal fat then, make a quick frame for mold with say a coffee cup? I know I could cast one up that would be well detailed and a little knife work it would look carved but actually be cast.

Those soldiers came from all walks BUT they all casted Bullets from time to time, sometimes every night around the fire. Just the way my addled Old brain works....
 
That's the coolest looking carved bullet I've ever seen congrats man!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom