What's new

case ?

wheres_wheatie

Full Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
227
Reaction score
169
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/ Carrot
I found this at my foundation site. It's two pieces that go together and seem to make a box. The bottom half has a chain with a small green bead attached. Anyone know what this might have been used for?
 

Attachments

  • case.webp
    case.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 384
A necklace urn .. or pillbox .. :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Beautiful! what is the thing on upper left of flower? any maker's marks or stamps anywhere? So far, I'd guess pillbox.
 
Upvote 0
I think it's for a rosary

HH
-GC
 
Upvote 0
After soaking it a bit I can now see the impression of two circles on the inside of the box.
I think it may have held a scale like the one in the picture below.
 

Attachments

  • box.webp
    box.webp
    16.7 KB · Views: 183
  • 146_big.webp
    146_big.webp
    24.3 KB · Views: 170
Upvote 0
Well I think it may have been a make-up case, seeing the flower
on the case, it might have held face powder and rouge.
Just my guess.
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • 1_61702a35f5709ec58a4f02f0e9b4b075.webp
    1_61702a35f5709ec58a4f02f0e9b4b075.webp
    2.5 KB · Views: 139
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom