What's new

Casino CRH questions.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
93
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For all you hunters that search casinos. I live close to 4 casinos and was thinking of trying my luck at snagging some silver.

Do you just go to the cashier and ask for half's?
or
Do you get say $1,000 in chips, then just cash it out in half's?

I don't want to have to bet on a machine to win the half's, I want to just buy them.
Any info would be great.
 
Upvote 0
Just put a hundred dollar bill in and cash out.

HH
Cat
 
Oh, so you don't even need to see the cashier to get them, just to dump them... ;D
 
RIGHT

Good Luck
HH
Cat
 
TreasureFiend said:
Oh, so you don't even need to see the cashier to get them, just to dump them... ;D

Some casinos even have self serve coin counters so you can bypass the cashier completely.

65GT350
 
Do they have coin-operated machines in the casinos up around Chi-town?

-Codes
 
Codes said:
Do they have coin-operated machines in the casinos up around Chi-town?

-Codes

Honestly I have no idea, the few times that I went to them I played blackjack. :icon_scratch:
 
I have heard most casinos out here have gone coinless.

paper in - paper reciept out :-\

Saw a documentary on Cities of the underworld a few weeks ago. They visited a vegas casino in one segment. I think they were in old town Vegas (north end of the strip) they showed tons and tons of bagged coin. The camera did not get too close but in one shot it looked like skids of halves in $500 clear bank deposit bags.
 
only ones I could find that accepted halves in Vegas were the crappy casinos downtown on fremont street. And I hate to waste time there when on vacation. I searched a few hundred by just putting money in and cashing out, had zero luck. I headed back to the "real" strip and gambled.....lol
 
cyberdan said:
I have heard most casinos out here have gone coinless.

paper in - paper reciept out :-\

Saw a documentary on Cities of the underworld a few weeks ago. They visited a vegas casino in one segment. I think they were in old town Vegas (north end of the strip) they showed tons and tons of bagged coin. The camera did not get too close but in one shot it looked like skids of halves in $500 clear bank deposit bags.

I saw that show too.... I was trying to figure out how to get access to those bags......
 
Funny now that I think about it...I stayed at the Flamingo in vegas..I was playing blackjack at a table and saw in the chip holders rows of halves...I asked why they had them and they said to pay out surrenders....Had no balls though did't ask to buy some....They looked real shiny...Kick my self every day for not asking.
Gerald
 
Some buddies and I are making the annual pilgrimage to Vegas in March. I usually focus my time on drinking and gambling. I can see it now...I will be sitting at the Blackjack Table, eyeing the half dollars, and trying to get the nerve to ask if I can buy a bunch of the halfs so I can bet with them...

I may take a quick trip over to Freemont Street to see if I can get lucky there (in terms of Silver)...
 
Goodness guys grow some balls and just go buy them from the cashier.

HH
Cat
 
STDevil said:
I may take a quick trip over to Freemont Street to see if I can get lucky there (in terms of Silver)...
I am sure you can get lucky :wink: on Fremont street. Ever watch COPS? Great vice squad, "hooker cops" ;D

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, or at least Nevada. Go ask OJ he will be staying for quite a while. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D
 
If my nuts still worked, and I was single, and I was not so damn ugly, I might have a better time in Vegas...
 
STDevil said:
Some buddies and I are making the annual pilgrimage to Vegas in March. I usually focus my time on drinking and gambling. I can see it now...I will be sitting at the Blackjack Table, eyeing the half dollars, and trying to get the nerve to ask if I can buy a bunch of the halfs so I can bet with them...

I may take a quick trip over to Freemont Street to see if I can get lucky there (in terms of Silver)...

The only casinos in Vegas that have not gone paper for the most part are downtown...unless they changed back.

Personally, I don't like playing in a casino that is coinless.....too quiet, not as much fun....sure they play the electronic sounds, but it's just not the same. And that's not even considering looking at the coins.

I think there are a few (maybe 5 or 6) casinos downtown that still had halves the last time I was there.....ask Immy he probably knows the list.
 
GMan00001 said:
STDevil said:
Some buddies and I are making the annual pilgrimage to Vegas in March. I usually focus my time on drinking and gambling. I can see it now...I will be sitting at the Blackjack Table, eyeing the half dollars, and trying to get the nerve to ask if I can buy a bunch of the halfs so I can bet with them...

I may take a quick trip over to Freemont Street to see if I can get lucky there (in terms of Silver)...

The only casinos in Vegas that have not gone paper for the most part are downtown...unless they changed back.

Personally, I don't like playing in a casino that is coinless.....too quiet, not as much fun....sure they play the electronic sounds, but it's just not the same. And that's not even considering looking at the coins.

I think there are a few (maybe 5 or 6) casinos downtown that still had halves the last time I was there.....ask Immy he probably knows the list.
I pm'd Immy before I went to vegas and he totally ignored me.......doesn't matter I found em, w/o any help from him, not too hard.
 
So for new years im heading to an Indian Casino in Michigan the slots are not coin operated but i know they have rolls of halves for the $1/$2 Texas No Limit Hold'Em they are used when pots need to be chopped up. Im just wondering if anyone thinks the cashiers would allow me to get a couple hundred or a box from them? or if anyone has ever done this?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom