What's new

Casino --> Halves: so-so. Wheats: great!

Immy

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2005
Messages
2,999
Reaction score
874
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
March comes in like a lion for wheaties, like a lamb for halves. Results -


***$50/Pennies***

Had GMan-like totals today. Pity there weren't any [red]new[/red] dates. The two 57-D's complete my fourth roll for that date.

Wheaties (21): 1942, 1944-D, 1944-S, 1945-S (2), 1948-S, 1949, 1950-S (2), 1951-D, 1953-D, 1954-S, 1955, 1956-D, 1957-D (2), 1958, 1958-D (4)

Canadian: 1983


***$40/Nickels***

First new Jefferson in three weeks!

Pre-1960: [red]1939-S[/red], 1946 (2), 1947-D, 1957-D (2), 1959-D (2)

Canadian: [red]1991[/red] (a tough date!)


***Dimes***

Still haven't searched any yet this year but I got a 1963-D in change at the store today. Woo hoo!


***$900/Halves***

Tepid results, but at least I finally got my first 90% JFK of the year.

1964-D, 1968-D, 2002-P, 2003-D and a 1980-D SBA $1.


Tuesday's next visit is already in sight! HH!!
 
Upvote 0
Congratulations on your finds, but Immy, do you just get most of your halves from casinos?
 
I get 100% of them from casinos. I even have a "mole" who's the cage manager in the casino where I work who finds me some now and then.

I've done a few dozen half dollar boxes in the past, including one "dream box" with 50+ silvers, but I don't roll with the punches like a lot of pros on this board when they get skunk boxes. If I had to do exclusively boxes, I'd give up on halves.

I've got tons of admiration for people who say they're up to X number of skunk boxes in a row. I'd go postal!
 
Good going. I'll have to try some casino rolls the next time I am in Reno.



Stryker
 
Go for it Stryker, and don't forget to post those results.

You got me thinking seger (and tabulating). Here are my silver totals since I started hunting halves in casinos in February 2005 -

Barbers - One, 1906-O

Walkers - One, 1942

Franklins - 14

90% JFK - 47

40% JFK - 1,365


The 40% total includes one 1968-S silver proof, one 1970-D and three 1976-S silvers. So you see 90%ers represent barely 5% of my finds.
 
Immy said:
***$50/Pennies***

Had GMan-like totals today. Pity there weren't any [red]new[/red] dates.

Wheaties (21): 1942, 1944-D, 1944-S, 1945-S (2), 1948-S, 1949, 1950-S (2), 1951-D, 1953-D, 1954-S, 1955, 1956-D, 1957-D (2), 1958, 1958-D (4)

Canadian: 1983

This year I am currently only averaging 15 per $50 worth so those are better than my totals.... ;D I need a couple of good bags to get my numbers back up... I have had terrible luck this year IMO.
 
Immy said:
Go for it Stryker, and don't forget to post those results.

You got me thinking seger (and tabulating). Here are my silver totals since I started hunting halves in casinos in February 2005 -

Barbers - One, 1906-O

Walkers - One, 1942

Franklins - 14

90% JFK - 47

40% JFK - 1,365


The 40% total includes one 1968-S silver proof, one 1970-D and three 1976-S silvers. So you see 90%ers represent barely 5% of my finds.

Wow, that really is impressive for casino finds, I've been dumping mine all winter here in Laughlin, and just about everytime I dump, one of the people seems to be looking for silver!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom