What's new

Cast Brass Piece from an Early Site

BuckleBoy

Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
18,159
Reaction score
9,723
Golden Thread
4
Location
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

This crown-shaped piece was found at an early site--pre CW for sure, and perhaps as early as 1800. The bottom of the piece appears to have been broken long ago, as well as the top of it.

I'd appreciate your ideas on this piece.


Regards,


Buckleboy
 

Attachments

  • KY 026.webp
    KY 026.webp
    23.3 KB · Views: 462
  • KY 025.webp
    KY 025.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 456
Roadquest said:
BuckleBoy,

That is a interesting piece. Is it some kind of metal. Maybe for a blue blood to wear?

I've done some looking. Nothing on it yet

Clayton

Clayton,

Thank you for the reply. I'm not sure what you mean--but I don't think it is elaborate enough for a medal.
 
Upvote 0
Roadquest said:
BuckleBoy,

Blue blood, A person of Royal blood. . It was just a shot in the dark.

Do you think the broken pieces could be in the area where you found it.

Could it have been plowed over and broke?

Clayton

Here in the U.S. in Kentucky, probably not too likely it was a Royal person. I think the piece was broken before it was discarded. I searched the area very well, and no other pieces that matched it were dug.


-Buck
 
Upvote 0
The first thing to enter my mind was a flip lid to something.
 
Upvote 0
Is/was it painted? Black? Or is the coloration from being in the ground?

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
DCMatt said:
Is/was it painted? Black? Or is the coloration from being in the ground?

DCMatt

It seems like it was blackened with enamel or paint of some sort--I see the same sort of blackening on the Scabbard Tips I've been finding.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom