What's new

Cat and Mouse

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2012
Messages
8,705
Reaction score
22,160
Golden Thread
0
Location
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
He's still chasing this critter around my shop...it's not that he can't catch it, he
just wants to play with it for awhile. With my luck he'll get bored with it, and
I'll wind up having to trap it. :laughing7:

010426.webp
 
Same mouse, different cat....yep, got two of 'em after it now. Stinker is
getting her turn...so far she's chasing it, but still non-committal on
terminating it.

IMG_0613.webp
 
After about three hours of being pursued, the cats and mouse are taking
a well needed break.

And finally, a pic of the "Running Mouse"..so far it has survived against
all odds...

040126a.webp
 
Somehow, I'm sure the 2 cats will prevail. One of them has to get that little creature !

Nope! The mouse eventually escaped back through the cat door and into the
garage. Still, I set a trap..just in case. Well, the mouse got a bit too overconfident
and came back into the shop......hit the trap....terminated, with extreme prejudice. :icon_thumright:

(no pic...everyone knows what a dead mouse looks like)
budo.gif
 
I was rooting for the mouse!!

I was, as well, which is why I tried a dozen times to catch it and put it out
in the yard. The little beastie's can sure make a mess of things, however,
and having them in the garage means they tear up whatever they find to
make a house for themselves and ALL their relatives.

It got more than a fair chance, and while I hate taking the life of any living
creature, this one chose it's own demise when it returned to the shop.
 
I was, as well, which is why I tried a dozen times to catch it and put it out
in the yard. The little beastie's can sure make a mess of things, however,
and having them in the garage means they tear up whatever they find to
make a house for themselves and ALL their relatives.

It got more than a fair chance, and while I hate taking the life of any living
creature, this one chose it's own demise when it returned to the shop.
Sometimes a cat that is used to hunting more will be inclined to get mice both outside and inside. The downside of course is worm's, other parasite's as well as infectious diseases from such a diet of mice will tend to have.
It still is a joy to see the cat try to make a complete hunt and kill as nature designed to happen. Reminds some of us as the thrill of the hunt for minerals and the extraction thereof.
Kinda brings the 'Cat out' in some of us................ :laughing7: :cat: :cat: :cat:
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom