What's new

Cavalry site yields colonial(?) cufflinks! "The king and queen"

gbpackrfan1990

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
85
Reaction score
198
Golden Thread
1
Location
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejan; Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was searching a well known site today with the AT Pro. The day started off very slow, very quiet. Finally about an hour and a half in, I started gettingsome deep peeps. I dug 9 civil war bullets, most of which were 14"+ deep. The last reading I dug, was this cool pair of what I believe are colonial cufflinks. There is a picture of a male on one link with the words "the king" around the top of the ellipse, the other link has a picture of a female etched into it with the words "and queen" around the top of the ellipse. Does it make sense to think these are pre rev war era cufflinks? Regardless, still a cool find in my books!
 

Attachments

  • 20151103_002401.webp
    20151103_002401.webp
    296.8 KB · Views: 145
  • 20151103_002320.webp
    20151103_002320.webp
    270.9 KB · Views: 188
Upvote 18
Those are great!
 
Wow those are really really nice
 
Cool find.
I have maybe 3-4 singles, but not a linked pair yet.
It may be hard to put an exact date on them ?
 
Great piece! congrats on the links. Wonder it being a King And Queen it could be William & Mary?:thumbsup:
 
Oh wow! Those are Killer.
I would definitely say Colonial.
Shape of them and the crude of them. .Would love to have them in my collection. Congrats
George
 
I think it's king George III and Queen Charlotte
 
That is a great pair of cufflinks. Never saw that pattern before. I would date them Rev War era to 1800. The oval type seems to have superseded the octagonal ones in the 1780s.
 
King and Queen :icon_scratch: , most Interesting cufflinks indeed ......
 
Last edited:
Awesome cufflinks!
 
Are you sure that's not supposed to be George and Martha? The "King" looks a bit like GW. I know there were some rare GW cuff links made around the time of the buttons.
 
That makes more sense , George W. and Martha , alright Erik
 
The only thing that comes to mind is WOW! Congratulations
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom