cell phone camera and what kind of camera do you use?

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
is there a cell phone camera that will take real good pictures?

how many megapixel does it take to get a good close up picture?
i use a canon power shot SD1200 10mp
it has auto setting which will put it into the macro setting as soon as you start getting close up to your hand or something

what good cameras are out there now for a good price?
lars

Upvote 0
your camera takes really good pics,i use a kodak cd82 12 mp i still havent figured out all the bells and wistles on it but i like it

thanks jeff,
yours does real good
i like the nice bifurcates and the big dovetail you posted
lars

Lars...are you wanting to switch away from the Canon Powershot to a cell phone so you'll have one less thing to carrry? Otherwise that Canon you have at 10 mp is a very fine camera for taking insitu's, scenery shots....(wish you'd take a few for us) and macros.

I use crappy junk. Obvious if you've seen my pics.
I would pay a high price for a cell phone that takes great pictures.

hey thanksi would like a cell phone that takes real good images since i have to have one on me all da time anyhoo
lars

archy, do you want more dirt pics or???

I was using a really expensive Nikon D50, but I hated taking it out into the field because it did cost so much and it was big and bulky so I got me a Kodak CD82 like Jeff uses and it does a really nice job in the field. I'm still not real thrilled with the close ups since they aren't near as good as the Nikon, but they aren't bad.

SRV, does the kodak have a macro setting or an auto setting?

pick, how much does a blackberry cost?

lars

larson1951 said:
hey thanksi would like a cell phone that takes real good images since i have to have one on me all da time anyhoo
lars

archy, do you want more dirt pics or???

Sorry...I've been busy as heck....

I love your dirt pics but would also love to see some landscape type pics..something that shows more of the field(s). Nothing that could possibly give away your location but just enough to get an idea of what the site looks like.

lars the cd82 has 7 different functions they are panning,sport,macro,smart capture,video,blur reduction and general picture taking

I have a Motorola Droid. It has a 5+ megapixel camera. I do not like the phone very much but, I must admit it does take lovely pictures. It is just nice not to have to lug around a phone and a camera.

Chuck

chuck can you take close up image of a point held in your hand and post it here?
much appreciated
larson

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back