What's new

Cellar Hole find

cologneman

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
79
Reaction score
214
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northeast Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and XP Deus. Garrett Carrot and MI-6.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any idea anyone? I found this in a cellar hole today. The cellar hole appears on an 1838 map but not on the next map of 1851. So I figure this item to be earlier than 1850 if that helps. Looks to be made of copper and is very thin with the back hollowed out and 4" in length. Any help identifying would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 147
Upvote 10
Looks like the decorative face of a drawer pull
 
Can you post a pic of the back
 
Piece from a steamer trunk.
 
Very interesting piece! :occasion14:
 
Looks like a decorative piece. From the back I think I see a fastening point on the one side. Perhaps a steamer trunk piece as suggested. Stamped, so likely 19th century.
 
Thanks with the help everyone. Steamer trunk or face plate makes sense. I am thinking drawer pull faceplate. Weather permitting I'll be heading back to the cellar hole for more finds. Thanks again with the id ing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom