Cellar Hole yields IHP

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT
Used GPS to search for a few sites scattered within the wooded park boundaries. I didn't really find any of the sites.

But ended up walking several miles through the woods...

On way back to the car, I found a few stone walls and concrete steps, assembled the detector from my backpack... and looked around. Not a lot of trash around... always a good thing. First couple of hits were what looked like pieces of an old pocket watch.

Next, found strange chain. Then found an 1898 Indian Head Cent.

Found a couple more items of 'watch' pieces and decided to mark that location to return to later. The site definitely has potential as never have been hunted before and didn't have too much trash to deal with.

Bjorn

Upvote 0
Nice,

I love to hunt those types of sites. Sometimes just plain foot work will bring you across something. Good time of yr to spot these sites also.

HH Jer

Thats a good sign....hope u find lots :)

Bobby, Hope it's one of many to come... hope it's not the whole 'iceberg' in one coin.

JerDfx, Always enjoy your posts. I was quite happy to walk into this one. I'll have to give it another try soon. I am in Uniontown, PA a lot, we should get together some time. Also, i'm thinking of getting a DFX soon as well.

Gypsyheart, So you want pics of the site... ok... but I didn't take any. I'll take some next time I go. It is a neat layout though... several levels of walls, small brick chimnet, and the concrete stairs. Upon leaving I realized the site is near a sizable rock cliff area... an area that may have attracted more people to the area as a geographically point of interest.

Bjorn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back