What's new

Cellar Hunt Yields Fatty's , Buttons and Copper that needs ID

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2013
Messages
1,060
Reaction score
1,246
Golden Thread
0
Location
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all got out to a site that was nice and secluded and a long but fun hike. It was a virgin site (rarer than hen's teeth) and rather neat. Usually cellars I find that are this small are rather shallow with minimal walls. But this hole was about 10 feet square and a nice deep hole with what must have been a small porch in the back of the home; always amazes me how these settlers lived 200 plus years ago. The signals were plentiful and the Indian's as usual rang up erratically. A nice variety of finds covering all the major categories. But I'am stumped on the coin; it's toasty and what I think is the obverse is shown with the best pic I could get( reverse is complete toast). It also rang up with a low vid so is it a counterfeit? Unfortunately it is clipped where is what looks like a date ...76??? The bust is facing left but it just doesn't look like a CT copper. Max had fun, but was bored stiff after 3 hours and he ate all my granola bars.. oh well he's good company.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1156.webp
    IMG_1156.webp
    70.3 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_1176.webp
    IMG_1176.webp
    47.1 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1175.webp
    IMG_1175.webp
    37.1 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_1171.webp
    IMG_1171.webp
    28 KB · Views: 134
  • FullSizeRender (2).webp
    FullSizeRender (2).webp
    63.6 KB · Views: 141
  • FullSizeRender (1).webp
    FullSizeRender (1).webp
    94.8 KB · Views: 137
  • FullSizeRender (3).webp
    FullSizeRender (3).webp
    44.5 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1117.webp
    IMG_1117.webp
    61 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Upvote 36
outstanding.gif
Nice finds! You really should let Max MD a little - he wouldn't get that board then! :laughing7: Thanks for sharing...
 
very nice finds. The '59 Indian is one you don't see too often. I hope someone can ID the copper, looks like an old one. Congrats.
 
very nice hunt. I like your hunting partner..sweet finds
 
That's my kinda hunt!!! Very nice


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
very nice finds. The '59 Indian is one you don't see too often. I hope someone can ID the copper, looks like an old one. Congrats.

Thanks all... I seem to find more Fatty's than regular Indians at these sites. Yes I really hope someone knows what the copper might be.
 
that be a fine example of DIGGIN' :icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:
 
Nice hunt. It's so exciting to find such an untouched spot.:thumbsup:
 
..

:)
 

Attachments

  • FullSizeRender (3)a.webp
    FullSizeRender (3)a.webp
    31.8 KB · Views: 104
Any ideas on this coin?

He put the Britannia the right way but without the Obverse, I'm still going to say Will III Halfpenny.
 
He put the Britannia the right way but without the Obverse, I'm still going to say Will III Halfpenny.


it's a Connecticut or Vermont. Reads INDE.
 
it's a Connecticut or Vermont. Reads INDE.

OK, didn't click on it & take a close look, just guessed based on the general Britannia shape.
 
Thanks guys I guess it's agreed either a CT or VT copper . The profile just didn't look like a match ; what I can see of it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom