What's new

~~Cellar Scouting on the Mountain Bike~~Scratched out a couple~~

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2010
Messages
3,214
Reaction score
1,770
Golden Thread
2
Location
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
What is up my friends:hello:Finally got the motivation to scout some cellars..Both i found were monsters way larger than the normal size cellars around here!I did not detect the first cellar but got a few hours on the second cellar..Old bottles everywhere..The good ones were gone..Someone hit this cellar because the targets were shoddy and no buttons..The barn was also huge with massive stones..Unbelievable they sure were real men back in those days....Grabbed a few from all era's...

KG Coppa

I never knew until recently but i always thought the cone shaped with wear object was a makeshift ox knob until someone made the ID of a
Wagon brake a few months ago on TNET..
Cool 20th century makeup case with mirror

Heel plate
Horse hardware and a strange lead piece with wood wedged between it?

Have fun out there.

~Blaze
 

Attachments

  • P7100031.webp
    P7100031.webp
    106.3 KB · Views: 160
  • P7100020.webp
    P7100020.webp
    116.6 KB · Views: 133
  • P7100013.webp
    P7100013.webp
    121.9 KB · Views: 134
  • P7100021.webp
    P7100021.webp
    122.6 KB · Views: 135
  • P7100016.webp
    P7100016.webp
    117.9 KB · Views: 137
  • P7100029.webp
    P7100029.webp
    51.3 KB · Views: 132
  • P7100010.webp
    P7100010.webp
    119.1 KB · Views: 137
  • P7100011.webp
    P7100011.webp
    119.6 KB · Views: 135
  • P7100012.webp
    P7100012.webp
    117.8 KB · Views: 137
  • P7100025.webp
    P7100025.webp
    168.6 KB · Views: 131
  • P7110040.webp
    P7110040.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 136
  • P7110038.webp
    P7110038.webp
    44.1 KB · Views: 136
  • P7110033.webp
    P7110033.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 139
  • P7110036.webp
    P7110036.webp
    29.4 KB · Views: 127
  • P7110034.webp
    P7110034.webp
    30 KB · Views: 124
  • P7110041.webp
    P7110041.webp
    79 KB · Views: 127
Upvote 36
Nice hunt blaze :occasion14:
 
Nice reign guide and wagon brake - a few more and you could build one! Thanks for the cellar hole pics - those never get old.

Cheers
 
Nice finds man

Great looking old foundations. They are very large. Prob held some great finds

HH Jer
 
Nice to see you out there in the heat and humidity Mr. Caliente Fuego You weren't kidding....those are some monster cellar holes!
 
Cool adventure, looks like an awesome time.
 
Blaze you make it look easy man... when I go biking and hunting all I ever find are shot shells :laughing7: Great job dude and sure beats hiking in. You weren't kidding, those stones sure are huge. Sweet KG.... glad to see you getting out and giving us a great post man.
 
That site is amazing. I don't know about you but I like to try and imagine the way it looked when it was still in use. Great finds as well!
 
Nice application of the mountain bike! I think that's one of my favorite things about this hobby...you get to combine it with other hobbies (metal detecting +bush-wacking + photography + biking+ kayaking...on and on). Congrats on the great finds.
 
Blaze you make it look easy man... when I go biking and hunting all I ever find are shot shells :laughing7: Great job dude and sure beats hiking in. You weren't kidding, those stones sure are huge. Sweet KG.... glad to see you getting out and giving us a great post man.

Braddy my boy you inspired me the other day with your adventure on the mountain bike....Can you keep up is the question...HAAA

~Blaze
 
Nice application of the mountain bike! I think that's one of my favorite things about this hobby...you get to combine it with other hobbies (metal detecting +bush-wacking + photography + biking+ kayaking...on and on). Congrats on the great finds.


Yeah bro no doubt you have to make the best of it..This is a killer hobby and one of my best kept secrets!

~Blaze
 
Braddy my boy you inspired me the other day with your adventure on the mountain bike....Can you keep up is the question...HAAA

~Blaze

Glad I could help with the inspiration, but its obvious I can't keep up... you nabbed a pocket full of keepers. Haha I went back to sifting dirt to make me feel better. Ha
 
Nice to see you out there in the heat and humidity Mr. Caliente Fuego You weren't kidding....those are some monster cellar holes!

Ahhh yes Mr Steve Dabolina it felt good to get out where has your mojo been lately..Don't make me file you in the retired Kirk Colonial category....

~Blaze
 
Damn dude those cellars holes are massive! Always nice to see a new post from a fellow colonial lover. Somehow any hunt that gives up a colonial coin feels complete....at least to me
 
I like it all JB! Great pics as usual. Stay cool my friend & WTG, Q.
 
Ahhh yes Mr Steve Dabolina it felt good to get out where has your mojo been lately..Don't make me file you in the retired Kirk Colonial category....

~Blaze
Mr. Blazer, let me remind you that I have a pass for the rest of the year. I don't have to dig another thing and I still have you beat. Don't put me in the Kirk Club (but keep the passion high). Oh yes, a picture of my "pass"
 

Attachments

  • Cob Front.webp
    Cob Front.webp
    468.9 KB · Views: 95
  • Cob Back.webp
    Cob Back.webp
    518.8 KB · Views: 94
Great digs! That cellar hole looks erie yet so inviting, get back there in winter when there's less vegetation, it may have been hit before but what the hell, keep at the surrounding area, there must be more. Congrats and HH
 
Mr. Blazer, let me remind you that I have a pass for the rest of the year. I don't have to dig another thing and I still have you beat. Don't put me in the Kirk Club (but keep the passion high). Oh yes, a picture of my "pass"

Haha Yeaaaaah Steverino the chances of me finding one of those out this way is rare if not impossible so i will have to match it with ummmm,maybe a Tree coin!
Challenge accepted..........

~Blaze
 
Haha Yeaaaaah Steverino the chances of me finding one of those out this way is rare if not impossible so i will have to match it with ummmm,maybe a Tree coin!
Challenge accepted..........

~Blaze

When you find that tree coin you can thank me for the.....ahem.... inspiration :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom