What's new

🥇 BANNER Celtic tetradrachm, roman and middle age

Taranis

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2011
Messages
397
Reaction score
250
Golden Thread
3
Location
Europe
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today mix on field.
Danube celtic tetradrachm
1830 Franz I. 20 kreuzer
1623 Leopold 3 kreuzer
Friesacher pfennig XIII. century
broken bronze ring
and Plautilla bronze
 
I only assume, based on our Celtic Coins, that its a Very Rare find, not only that but as you say, in GREAT condition.

I think the poster needs to add just HOW RARE this is?

I think very rare too. Don't know much about Danube Region coins, but almost ANY Celtic coin is a rare find not even talking about this stunning fatty.
 
How rare this?
Many colleagues dont find one like this through a life, even towards us very rare.
This is with a very good condition.
I have this hobby 15 years and I found just one other celtic coin it was an obolus.
 
Last edited:
Amazing! You're getting my banner vote too.
 
That celtic Tetradrachm is a Banner find for sure, and I am nominating it! That is a BEAUTIFUL coin! I know you are very proud to dig that beauty.

Congratulations!


-Buckleboy
 
I just put my vote in. Museum quality!
 
That Celtic is one stunning coin! Would also like to know how rare. Banner vote.
[h=2][/h]
 
You have my vote. Banner
 
When I see the name of a coin that I personally couldn't pronounce out loud three times in a row, then see the condition it's in, and then see the Banner Seal of Approval Himself Crusader, vote on it, I just had to follow the herd.
Killer, killer coin!
Carl
(He's like the Oprah Book of the Month approve-r )
 
curbdiggercarl57 said:
When I see the name of a coin that I personally couldn't pronounce out loud three times in a row, then see the condition it's in, and then see the Banner Seal of Approval Himself Crusader, vote on it, I just had to follow the herd.
Killer, killer coin!
Carl
(He's like the Oprah Book of the Month approve-r )

LOL Carl!!
 
Wow what amazing finds Taranis!!! Beautiful coin!!!
 
Thank you guys!
 
I don't know what is needed for a banner, but if this is not it, then nothing.
 
I don't know what is needed for a banner, but if this is not it, then nothing.

I totally agree, I'm not sure what better find you could hope for.

Point is, WE know its banner, along with a few others, so I shouldn't worry too much about it.

You will probably get a banner one day for common 20th C object!
 
I totally agree, I'm not sure what better find you could hope for.

Point is, WE know its banner, along with a few others, so I shouldn't worry too much about it.

You will probably get a banner one day for common 20th C object!

I think Cru, that a 21th C is better, maybe from USA :)
Sorry for a joke, but I think its a very rare not just in Europe.
 
The Danube celtic tetradrachm, especially in that pristine condition, speaks for itself:
BANNER

Its a shame its not on the banner, because this poster has had a few banner finds that have gone without reward. So its about time he got his reward:headbang:

If you have not voted already, please vote now, its like finding 10 X 1916D Dimes in 1 hole!
 
Nice finds mate, that Celtic's in great nick.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom