What's new

Century coins

twinsrule

Full Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2009
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
This is just a post for you to brag about all the coins 100 plus years old you've found in circulation. (change or coin rolls) I'll start off with the 1910 wheatie i found that had its 100th birthday this year! :hello2:
 
Upvote 0
1878 Belgian 2 Centimes
1881 Indian Head
1907 Indian Head
 
1898 indian head cent. 1895 50 cent french coins. and a 1911-D baber dime. (only 99 years but i put it up anyway)
 
2 Barber dimes
2 Barber Halves
2 Columbian Exposition halves
1 20 Italian Centisimi
All over 100 years old
HH
Rich
 
coincrazed said:
An 1873? Indian cent found in a Take-a-penny-leave-a-penny tray in Texas. I can post a pic if you want. - coincrazed
A pic would be sweet!! In a take it leave it tray? Awesome!
 
1894 Barber half, my one and only in first $500 roll hunted.

Couple early Barber dimes

1900 Canadian dime this spring.

ffd
 
My 1894s Barber half, that I found in the fall of 07, then 2 Indians this spring which were 1900 & 1906. I have more luck digging Barbers then unrolling them.
 
dave5710 said:
My 1894s Barber half, that I found in the fall of 07, then 2 Indians this spring which were 1900 & 1906. I have more luck digging Barbers then unrolling them.
I agree Dave, it's easier to dig 'em than to unroll 'em! ffd
 
The only claims I have to register involve cents. Pulled a 1904 Indian Head, last year. During February of this year I pulled a 1910 wheat.
Still hoping to pull a Barber or Seated Liberty Half! That would be absolutely thrilling!
For honorable mention I did get a 1912 V nickle last month. She looked mighty sweet! What a charge to see that pop out of a roll of Jeffersons. ;D
 
1888,1898,1906,1907 indians
1902 british large penny

Semper Fi
 
nice pic cc!
as for coins ive found...well...umm...this is akward :dontknow:
nada. :laughing9:
keep it up and hh!
 
Some of mine, been doing this for about 3 1/2 years. There are indian cents and some old foreign coins that aren't included.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3605.webp
    DSCN3605.webp
    45.7 KB · Views: 286
From 2010
----------------
Indian Head Cents: 3
1898, 1905, 1906

Wheat cents: 4
1909, 1910 (3)

V-Nickels: 2
1908 (2)

Seated Liberty Dimes: 2
1891, Date Unreadable

Canadian Nickel: 1
1909


From 2009
----------------
Indian Head Cents: 17
1881, 1885, 1887, 1889, 1893(2), 1895, 1897(2), 1901(3), 1903, 1905, 1906(2), 1907, Date Unreadable

Wheat Cents: 4
1909 VDB, 1910(3)

Barber Dimes: 1
1910, (My 1913 didn't quite make the cutoff)

Barber Halves: 1
1908-O

Foreign: 2
Great Britain, 1 Penny (1903)
Newfoundland, 10 Cents (1896)


From 2008
----------------
Indian Head Cents: 3
1902, 1905, 1907

Wheat Cents: 9
1909 VDB, 1909 (5), 1910 (3)

V-Nickels: 5
1891, 1898, 1905, 1910(2), (My 1911 and 1912-D didn't quite make it)

Barber Halves: 2
1899, 1907-D

Foreign: 3
Denmark, 2 kroner (King Christian IX and Queen Louise, Golden Wedding Anniversary -1892)
Great Britain, 1 Penny (1907)
Roman, Constantine the Great (320 AD minted in Siscia)



From 2007
---------------
Indian Head Cents: 6
1881, 1883, 1890, 1901, 1905, 1908

Wheat Cents: 2
1909 VDB, 1909

V-Nickels: 0
(My 1912-D didn't quite make it)

Foreign: 2
Great Britain, 1 Penny (1896)
Norway, 50 Ore (1897)

And I think there were a couple of Indian Head Cents prior to 2007, but that's pretty close...
 
Nothing so far, but the closest I've come is a 1913 Buffalo nickel. Just have to wait three more years...
 
Not really CRHing, but I pulled a 1904 Liberty Nickel out of my grandmother's change. Did find a 1909 Wheat last year, though.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom