GOLDandSilver
Jr. Member
Hi, long story short I was helping a friend go through his recently deceased brother's rocks. I was initially excited to help him as I am a huge rock hound and my friend said there were thousands of rocks, but upon getting started it sorta turned that his brother (bless his heart) loved rocks, he really loved rocks so he picked up almost any rock
and kept it. I made short work of what we had with us, there is more in TN to go through. There were a few broken points and one outstanding scraper, and then there was this....it was his latest find prior to his sudden passing. We think it was found in TN, but cannot say 100 percent as he was a lineman and did travel a bit. I took a few quick snaps with my iPhone so sorry about the crappy quality. I cannot see that there was any knaping on the edges which makes me think ceremonial, but I cannot find anything similar except a few ceremonial things in Japan. All opinions welcome!!! It weighs about 3 pounds, type of stone? don't know. It sure feels nice in the hand though~
and kept it. I made short work of what we had with us, there is more in TN to go through. There were a few broken points and one outstanding scraper, and then there was this....it was his latest find prior to his sudden passing. We think it was found in TN, but cannot say 100 percent as he was a lineman and did travel a bit. I took a few quick snaps with my iPhone so sorry about the crappy quality. I cannot see that there was any knaping on the edges which makes me think ceremonial, but I cannot find anything similar except a few ceremonial things in Japan. All opinions welcome!!! It weighs about 3 pounds, type of stone? don't know. It sure feels nice in the hand though~Attachments
Upvote
0

on my thread straightway.
I'm just going to report all the mean posts. That isn't what I'm here for. I've been doing this for longer than most of you have been alive. I know a worked stone when I see one. OK? I do not recognize this form, that is why I am here. Now, if you can knock off the crap, or perhaps some people with actual knowledge can pop in and discuss that would be great. Otherwise bugger off will you? I can't believe the first post after mine is some flametard.








