Challenge Coin Reference

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone have any good tools that they use for tracking down values for various military challenge coins? I have tried eBay comps, but it is hard since some don't show up and others have so many variations that you can't really pin it down. The reason that I ask is that I picked up a box lot of misc stuff at auction a couple weeks ago and there were a couple dozen challenges coins in it. They range from the ones that you can buy in a gift shop such as the one for the Vietnam wall and an Air Force on that reads on the back, "I Love My Airman," to ones that carry larger importance such as the one that was presented by General Peter Pace when he was the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

AF-Front.jpg AF-Rear.jpg

JCS-Front.jpg JCS-Rear.jpg

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is a real niche in a niche market for challenge coins. They are highly personal, so valuable to those that carried them, and a mystery to many. Your best bet is to divide them into service lots (Army - Air force - Marines - Navy), and advertise them on Ebay or Service related sites. Good Luck!

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe donate to a VFW with a permission to dig the property??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread