Challenger x-100 by Compass need manual or common settings

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
If you ever decide to sell the X-100 PM me ;D

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
here's the manual.

Attachments

• Compass_challenger_x100.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 15

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you I have the manual just slow on the uptake. I think the issue is highly mineral ground. The thing beeps at every thing.
well that technology is very old. You may need a multi-frequency machine in such an area. Turn sensitivity way down. Try various modes but you may find nothing makes any difference. I hunted an a property where coal ashes were spread all over the place. They (larger chips of coal) all registered and sounded off as hot rocks. I took a multi-frequency machine to same place and had no such problem. Same deal with black sand at shore. A multi-frequency machine had no problem with it.

I still have my X-100 but have not used it in 25 years. No idea what the settings were that long ago. It a hip-mounted version - that thing weighed as I recall.

Jonlambert

Aug 30, 2023
well that technology is very old. You may need a multi-frequency machine in such an area. Turn sensitivity way down. Try various modes but you may find nothing makes any difference. I hunted an a property where coal ashes were spread all over the place. They (larger chips of coal) all registered and sounded off as hot rocks. I took a multi-frequency machine to same place and had no such problem. Same deal with black sand at shore. A multi-frequency machine had no problem with it.

I still have my X-100 but have not used it in 25 years. No idea what the settings were that long ago. It a hip-mounted version - that thing weighed as I recall.
Thank you for the info. It is basically a nostalgia piece. Seems crush and pan works best.

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had one, cannot remember the setting, but I remember finding lots of coins.
yeah I found a lot of coins with mine and loved their depth meter which was very accurate.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread