Changing Excalibur 1000 from long to underwater shaft

david33884

Tenderfoot
Apr 8, 2007
Does anyone know how to change the shaft of the excalibur 1000 to the shorter version for underwater? I have a short tube the same diameter of the as the longer land shaft and it's about 8" long. It looks to me that there is a piece in the coil end of the long shaft that allows the coil to be bolted to the shaft that would have to be removed from the end of the long shaft and attached to the short shaft. I don't know if this piece that attaches the coil is glued into the end long shaft or screwed in there are just pushed in. I hate to force things to the point of breaking on a guess.

Upvote 0

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The short diving shaft has the coil mounting bracket attached to it. It sounds like you just have a short piece of shaft with nothing on the ends. Are you sure it is not part of a hip-mount?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Camb1 is right as the diving shaft has the mounting bracket for the coil attached. Minelab used to supply the short dive shaft with the Excal. All you would do to change over is remount the coil and attach the controls to the shaft too.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
On one of the older 1000's I bought used the bracket and the shaft were not connected but were in the box. I know the person who I got it from never used it under water so it is the way it came from the dealer. I just had to glue the pieces together. Perhaps you had the same situation and yours got lost or is in the box needing to be attached

OP
OP
D

david33884

Tenderfoot
Apr 8, 2007
Thanks guys,

I'll look around more now that I know the underwater shaft already has a connector for the coil.

David

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread