Charleston site of 1721 French coin

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Since I’ve moved out west, time to give up the site of my oldest coin find so others can hopefully make some great finds. Below is Treasurenet link to my oldest coin find - 1721. Since I use a “lesser” detector I’d like to see what a higher end one locates. The site is Holiday Inn Riverview - go to Far East end of parking lot and detect that small strip of land where I found it (along the waterway). There’s also some land directly north on the other side of the roadway (careful crossing there with traffic). Also look due west from that roadway there’s a large pull out area for cars that dirt and trees. If that’s original land there could be good stuff. I didn’t get to that at all. There was a small fort in this general area I found on an old map but main point is we all know people were near waterways. Good luck and please messsge me when you post any finds. Nobody from hotel bothered me but I suggest going at the crack of dawn when less likely to be an issue. The land is far away from guest areas. Of course, maybe wait until after Dorian!! Here’s my post:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/498281-1721-coin-charleston-my-oldest-one.html

Last edited:
Upvote 9

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good info hope some one gives it a shot I wish I was near there thats some good info

Locke

Oct 16, 2007
Hats off for sharing your research. I hope someone will make good use of it!

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
First off, cool find!! I don’t think I saw the original post, second, cool on you for sharing your research. I like to do the same if it isn’t something I have a realistic shot at detecting. Good luck with your new haunts!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread