What's new

✅ SOLVED Charm with Drop of Blood?

Jackthedetectorist

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2020
Messages
38
Reaction score
54
Golden Thread
0
Location
NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello,

I recently found this artifact metal detecting. It appears to be a charm with a tiny drop of blood in it but I am not sure. I'm not sure how old it is and what it would be used for. Any insight it greatly appreciated. It is around half an inch in length and width.

Thank you,
Jack

IMG_1775.webpIMG_1776.webp
 
Last edited:
Welcome to the Tnet.

Why would you think it to be blood? It's likely a piece of polished quartz with an inclusion of something red... most usually hematite.
 
Upvote 0
The ones I remember had a small seed in them.
As I recall they were a necklace.
I don't remember what the seed was though.
 
Upvote 0
Hi,

You are probably right. I guessed that it was a drop of blood but I wasn't too sure. Thanks for your insight.
 
Upvote 0
Hi Jack,
Not the thread LOL
I forgot to Welcome you to ​TreasureNet
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to Tnet . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .:hello:
 
Upvote 0
Well that's something I never knew existed as a Christian necklace emblem... although I'm not seeing a seed in the pictures that looks like the examples shown on the web.
 
Upvote 0
Had one once. Lost it long ago. It relates tithe mustard seed parable in the Bible.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom