What's new

Charter membership

Bubba707

Full Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2010
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
N E Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
DFX, AT Pro, Vaquero, Cortes
I would upgrade to charter member in a heartbeat BUT there are roadblocks. First, I don't have and will not use credit cards. Second, I'm not about to give Paypal access to my bank account under ANY circumstances. I simply refuse to take those financial risks.
 
There is at least one long time member that is willing to use their Paypal account to sign up others, with whatever payment agreement is decided upon of course. I'm sure they'll be along. :icon_thumright:
 
Bubba707 said:
I would upgrade to charter member in a heartbeat BUT there are roadblocks. First, I don't have and will not use credit cards. Second, I'm not about to give Paypal access to my bank account under ANY circumstances. I simply refuse to take those financial risks.


I for one can tell you the paypal, is as secure as your own bank account. Unless you are going to porn sites or anything sketchy like that, you have no worries when it comes to online security. I have done business online for over 10 years now. Never once, have I had a breach. Never once have I had an issue.
You might as well start sometime, because within the next 10 years physical currency will be on it's way out, and more than 90% of business will be done online.

On the other hand, you can always create a secondary bank account and just transfer money when needed into that account and have paypal use that one.

Online banking and purchases are more secure than you would like to believe. Times are changing.... YOU MUST ASSIMILATE!!
 
You probably know friends that use PayPal. Surely one of those would be willing to take your money and send it to Marc with a comment in the PayPal transaction that says: Charter Membership for Bubba707, please.

That's all it takes. As soon as Marc sees the request he will act on it (that's been my experience). If he's off for a few days of rest and relaxation, he will handle it when he returns I'm sure.
 
bwirth1999 said:
Bubba707 said:
I would upgrade to charter member in a heartbeat BUT there are roadblocks. First, I don't have and will not use credit cards. Second, I'm not about to give Paypal access to my bank account under ANY circumstances. I simply refuse to take those financial risks.


I for one can tell you the paypal, is as secure as your own bank account. Unless you are going to porn sites or anything sketchy like that, you have no worries when it comes to online security. I have done business online for over 10 years now. Never once, have I had a breach. Never once have I had an issue.
You might as well start sometime, because within the next 10 years physical currency will be on it's way out, and more than 90% of business will be done online.

On the other hand, you can always create a secondary bank account and just transfer money when needed into that account and have paypal use that one.

Online banking and purchases are more secure than you would like to believe. Times are changing.... YOU MUST ASSIMILATE!!

Ditto.

I think it's kinda funny though. It was that same paranoia of banks back in the day that we now search for the lost caches of burried money.
Without credit cards, how do you make hotel reservations, rent cars, schedule flights...etc? A lot of places will not accept cash. If you damage something or cancel something at the last minute, businesses want a way to recoup their losses. A credit card is their guarentee.

Al
 
I've been using PayPal for years and have never had a problem. I'll refrain from the Rusty Shackleford, bomb shelter and civil defense biscuits jokes.
 
Bubba707 said:
I would upgrade to charter member in a heartbeat BUT there are roadblocks. First, I don't have and will not use credit cards. Second, I'm not about to give Paypal access to my bank account under ANY circumstances. I simply refuse to take those financial risks.

If you want to be a Charter Member I will use my paypal to sign you up. Send me a IM with your name, I will send reply with my mailing address and you can mail me a money order. Send the money order with delivery confirmation to protect both of us...... I will pay for your charter membership using my paypal and send Marc an IM telling him who it is for, I have done this many times for many members.....
 
Assimilate? Nah, I'm an old fart. As for flying, why in blazes would I subject myself to a quasi sexual assault just to go somewhere? If it's overseas, I got time, I'll take passage on a freighter. At home, I'll drive. As for hotels, pfff. I'm more of a no-tell motel kinda guy, cheap and dirty. I'll be dead before currency is out of use and I have yet to find anything I want that I can't get with a money order or face to face with cash.
 
Money orders are no safe bet nowadays. Many merchants refuse to take them and banks are reluctant to cash them.
 
GopherDaGold said:
Money orders are no safe bet nowadays. Many merchants refuse to take them and banks are reluctant to cash them.

Never had any problem with em.
 
Bubba707 said:
Never had any problem with em.

... other than not being able to use one to pay for charter membership.


I've used PayPal for the past 12 years and never had a problem. Sounds like you may get annoyed with the set up process though. You link your bank account, PayPal transfers a few cents into your account, you verify the exact amount of the transfer, you're set.
 
WIT said:
Bubba707 said:
Never had any problem with em.

... other than not being able to use one to pay for charter membership.

He is using one to pay for his charter membership right now, he is sending the M.O. to me and I am taking care of it for him...........I have done this for 20 or more members. I know people who don't like to use paypal and just becasue I do and they don't isn't a problem, I do it for them....
 
GopherDaGold said:
Money orders are no safe bet nowadays. Many merchants refuse to take them and banks are reluctant to cash them.
Postal money orders can be cashed at ANY post office.
Also I have a second account That I will deposit money into so I can buy online. If it gets hacked into they will only get a couple of dollars.
 
How do you know if you're a charter member?
 
barber said:
How do you know if you're a charter member?

You will have a "Charter Member" tag that appears below your user name. It costs $5.00 month or $20.00 a year....
 
I thought at one time I sent someone a chedk for #20.00 to become a member, but I can't find a record of it, so now I don't know if I did. Old age, it's a BI^%&(H
 
How does one cancel their charter membership?
 
It expires in one year, but it can't be cancelled earlier?
 
How does one cancel their charter membership?
If you want to cancel send a pm to a mod requesting it be canceled, since there are no refunds on CM you could just let it expire.....

Why are you wanting to cancel?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom