Cheap Highbanker

$150? Hmm build your own is the only thing that may fall in your budget. You may get lucky on cl but for that budget....

dont know of any that cheap, you would be lucky to find a pump for that price,small ones 1 inch,2200 gph are about that price,if you are handy, you can make your own,for couple hundred bucks ,i make all my own toys, and just finishing a rebuild on an old one i made five years ago,upgraded it with a shaker,lil different riffles,bigger hopper,added garden hose which is very handy out there,and added a 3/8 classifier screen under grizzlys ,and i have about 250 in it with the pump,it depends on materials you use how much it costs. if your on a extreme budget,this may be your only way to go.

Yes, make one. I built my first one for $150. Started with a couple of file cabinets and some old bed frames I had lying around. Bought some expanded, carpet, punch plate and and PVC fittings. Here's a early video of it. I've since made several changes. Just haven't got around to posting the videos yet

You can get a 2" clear water pump at harbor freight for about $150. That will be more than enough water power to wash some rocks

How about something under $250 thats not home made? I dont have the necessary shop materials or the time to build my own :(

Check out ca sluice site they have parts you can buy without building the whole thing if you just build the stand you could put one together for that probably. Minus the pump anyway, you could check craigslist for a used pump but they want a lot for the used ones I've seen around my area and they look like they have not been taken care of very well. Every once in a while you will find one that's new someone wants to sell if you can get a good price or I would buy new for the warranty.

How about something under $250 thats not home made? I dont have the necessary shop materials or the time to build my own :(

To be honest I am not sure you can even get a decent pump for $250. YOu might want to look into a stream sluice or a Bazooka gold trap.

waiting for a deal might take you longer .. You can make it very cheap with some wood and a circular saw. . You can go to a junk yard and try to find a truck bed liner and you could have a drop riffle sluice made in minutes. The header box is just a box with a screen on it to clasify your material that could be made out of wood. Astrobouncer makes a lot of his sluice out of wood .. They are heavy but pretty worthless you can leave it in the river somewhere if you will like

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back