Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• F8F3FBEE-5064-4A40-9FE3-8F6B6C40E2DB.jpeg
    F8F3FBEE-5064-4A40-9FE3-8F6B6C40E2DB.jpeg
    729 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 30
Now that's NICE! Congrats!

You don’t find them that way very often. Nice deep relief and beautiful patina. Feels damn good when a copper comes out in amazing condition. Well done on that site

Great coin Toasted she's a beauty. One of those is on my bucket list

Nice looking old copper, congrats! :occasion14:

Toasted: That is lovely coin with beautiful patina. Can we see the reverse, or is it too crunchy? Congrats!

I rarely find coppers that well preserved
The soil here is so acidic !
That’s a good looking kg. Hh gl

I'm thinking Counterfeit but a really nice example!

I'm thinking Counterfeit but a really nice example!

Yeah, I think most KG IIIs found in the States are counterfeit and I dont find many KG IIIs but this one is nicer looking than even all the KG IIs Ive found over the years. The back is completely toasted though oddly enough

I rarely find coppers that well preserved
The soil here is so acidic !
That’s a good looking kg. Hh gl

Thanks, My soil is pretty bad too and the fertilizer in the fields makes them even worse so I dont usually get excited for colonial coppers anymore but this one gave me reason to celebrate

What a treat. Unfortunately that one is the exception instead of the norm since we dig so many crusty coppers.

Really nice find! Congrats! Beware on that patina! I recently found a CT copper and I noticed a small spec of corrosion and I tried to chip it off and it was like unraveling a sweater. I decided to scrape the rest of it off because it just made it look like a mess. It ended up still looking great under the patina... but it would have looked better if it retained it. I like to think it was out of my control.

Nice copper indeed! Well done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back