What's new

check out these old rolls!

phrostie

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
534
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nap Town
all found these rolls this past week. i love when you are getting what you see! 56 40%s in this lot.

hh all.

~phrostie
 

Attachments

  • Zi6_2980.webp
    Zi6_2980.webp
    32.1 KB · Views: 612
Upvote 0
Whoa, awesome find!
 
Those rolls are keepers (the paper). I always keep the old wrappers when I come across them. When I come upon another CRH'er in my area, I'll litter the banks with old rolls filled with dumps. It is usually enough to discourage the cherry picking tellers and the occasional CRH'er especially the old timers who only gather rolls at banks as they are unable to deal with boxes. Having to wade through the littered dumps is enough to discourage first-timers looking for a quick score.
 
Good score !! I haven't been on a road trip in nearly a year, so it's been a long time since I've run across one of those type of rolls,I certainly remember the thrill though.
HH
Rich
 
Diver_Down said:
Those rolls are keepers (the paper). I always keep the old wrappers when I come across them. When I come upon another CRH'er in my area, I'll litter the banks with old rolls filled with dumps. It is usually enough to discourage the cherry picking tellers and the occasional CRH'er especially the old timers who only gather rolls at banks as they are unable to deal with boxes. Having to wade through the littered dumps is enough to discourage first-timers looking for a quick score.
That's a very, very cruel thing to do. I like it!
 
fistfulladirt said:
Diver_Down said:
Those rolls are keepers (the paper). I always keep the old wrappers when I come across them. When I come upon another CRH'er in my area, I'll litter the banks with old rolls filled with dumps. It is usually enough to discourage the cherry picking tellers and the occasional CRH'er especially the old timers who only gather rolls at banks as they are unable to deal with boxes. Having to wade through the littered dumps is enough to discourage first-timers looking for a quick score.
That's a very, very cruel thing to do. I like it!

I like to encourage others who have found this hobby, but just not in my neighborhood. Also, if you get rolls with a person's account number/name/phone number, don't be afraid to contact the person and sell his paper rolls back. I've done this when I picked up about $200 in this guy's dumps. It was the banks policy to record his name/phone/account number on the rolls. The only problem is that they didn't black out the information when they sold it to me. I ended up selling the paper rolls back to him to protect his privacy while getting some of the silver for my stash.
 
Diver_Down said:
fistfulladirt said:
Diver_Down said:
Those rolls are keepers (the paper). I always keep the old wrappers when I come across them. When I come upon another CRH'er in my area, I'll litter the banks with old rolls filled with dumps. It is usually enough to discourage the cherry picking tellers and the occasional CRH'er especially the old timers who only gather rolls at banks as they are unable to deal with boxes. Having to wade through the littered dumps is enough to discourage first-timers looking for a quick score.
That's a very, very cruel thing to do. I like it!

I like to encourage others who have found this hobby, but just not in my neighborhood. Also, if you get rolls with a person's account number/name/phone number, don't be afraid to contact the person and sell his paper rolls back. I've done this when I picked up about $200 in this guy's dumps. It was the banks policy to record his name/phone/account number on the rolls. The only problem is that they didn't black out the information when they sold it to me. I ended up selling the paper rolls back to him to protect his privacy while getting some of the silver for my stash.

Hows that work, that sounds like extortion??
 
I think a better idea would be to destroy 'm. If I had turned in rolls to my bank, with my personal info on them, and they made it back into the publik's hands, I would be p'd off.
If a customer goes back to the bank b'ng about that, could mean the end of your crh'ing there.
 
AGCoinHunter said:
Diver_Down said:
fistfulladirt said:
Diver_Down said:
Those rolls are keepers (the paper). I always keep the old wrappers when I come across them. When I come upon another CRH'er in my area, I'll litter the banks with old rolls filled with dumps. It is usually enough to discourage the cherry picking tellers and the occasional CRH'er especially the old timers who only gather rolls at banks as they are unable to deal with boxes. Having to wade through the littered dumps is enough to discourage first-timers looking for a quick score.
That's a very, very cruel thing to do. I like it!

I like to encourage others who have found this hobby, but just not in my neighborhood. Also, if you get rolls with a person's account number/name/phone number, don't be afraid to contact the person and sell his paper rolls back. I've done this when I picked up about $200 in this guy's dumps. It was the banks policy to record his name/phone/account number on the rolls. The only problem is that they didn't black out the information when they sold it to me. I ended up selling the paper rolls back to him to protect his privacy while getting some of the silver for my stash.

Hows that work, that sounds like extortion??

No. He was paying for his privacy. He was more than happy to hand over some silver for them in return. When I contacted him to let him know that his personal information was out there, I originally offered to destroy them but thought he should know. He wanted them back to confront the bank. I asked if there was a reward. I didn't set a price. The bank was out of my way (20 miles away) and I had only been there once on a road trip to dump. I didn't care about burning any dump bank privileges. He voluntarily offered up the silver for his wrappers.

Anyway, not to hijack Phrostie's thread. He scored silver from some crusty wrappers. :headbang:
 
Killer score love to find old rolls like that happy hunting .RON
 
i keep the old ones too. got some last month that were 20.00 half rolls. kind of looked like a mini mag light. first time i have found any 20 dollar rolls of halves around here.
 
nice find phrostie!! I haven't found any rolls marked older than 71 yet. I once found a bunch of rolls from a collection that were marked 71-86. All the rolls were solid for each year, too bad they weren't 70 and earlier though.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom