Check the Pockets in those pants in resale shops!

Missboy

May 30, 2008
Clinton, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Shadow/Whites/DetectorPro/Mark II
My wife convinced me that I needed to go to a shop that sells high end USED clothes to just see if they had what I was looking for before going to the local retail store. I went and to my surprise, if you haven't checked them out before, the resale shops have some nice items. Any way, I picked out a Hensley pull over that still had the retail stores price tag of $30.99 for $7.50, a new Polo sweat shirt for $17.00 and a couple of khaki pants to try on. The shirts fit fine, then came on the pants, slipped first pair on and they were just right, had to adjust the height by pulling up and then slipped my hands inside the pockets to make them smooth and my left hand hit something inside the pocket. My first thought was Great, trash, then it was wait, that feels thicker than crumbled waste paper, and when I pulled it out, first thing I saw was GREEN bills, heart started racing, then I noticed what I recognized as Lottery tickets crumbled up with the GREEN bills!! After regaining my composure, now remember I am in a dressing room, I looked around like someone may have been watching me pull this wad of GREEN bills & lottery tickets out of pants that I was trying on in a dressing room all by my self! Outcome was I had 1-$10.00 bill, 4-$1.00 bills and $13.00 worth of lottery tickets that went back to May 2010. Cash paid for lunch, lottery tickets were a disappointment, didn't win the 200 million but it was sure exciting!!! Moral of the story; you never know when you might find TREASURE, so keep looking and don't forget to check your pockets!! HAPPY HUNTING!
Joe(Missboy)

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. Helped buy the clothes.

MrBling

Aug 12, 2008
North Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster PI/Garrett Ace 250
I go to thrifts often and keep hoping for a score like that, but so far no luck
All I find in pockets is old candy and paper trash
I have twice found the programs for funerals in the pockets of black raincoats

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
lol, that what i do while my mom look for new designer clothing! all i found so far is 2 pins.

T

tink

I'd feel like I was stealing if I went thru things purposely looking for forgotten money etc. Finding it later at home in something I purchased is a little different but knowing myself I would still feel funny about keeping it. No offense meant, just would feel funny to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread