Check your Ebay invoices carefully ...

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I sold a necklace for $213.50. Ebay took $21.50. The woman returned it. I gave her back her money Ebay gave me back $17.08. They "have no idea what happened", but they are giving me back the rest.

Yeah, and if I didn't go to check to make sure I got back the full refund? I wonder how often they do this and don't get caught.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold a necklace for $213.50. Ebay took $21.50. The woman returned it. I gave her back her money Ebay gave me back $17.08. They "have no idea what happened", but they are giving me back the rest. Yeah, and if I didn't go to check to make sure I got back the full refund? I wonder how often they do this and don't get caught.

I am going to call them tomorrow. Because I sold something for $1000 and she returned it and I canceled the payment and I got $74 back instead of 100. I was pretty sure they took out 10% in fees or did they drop it to 7.4%?

OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I am going to call them tomorrow. Because I sold something for $1000 and she returned it and I canceled the payment and I got $74 back instead of 100. I was pretty sure they took out 10% in fees or did they drop it to 7.4%?

I checked my invoice from the previous month where they took 10%. It said final value fee $21.35.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are any of you top rated sellers? Is there an asterisk next to the original final value fee" If so, it means that a top rated seller discount was applied to the fvf. Also don't forget other fees that may be related to that particular listing.

OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, that is what happened. I am up to 20% off my final value fees. My mistake.

Of course, customer service couldn't figure that out. It hit me today (before I read this).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions