What's new

Cherry picked coin deala 6 Indian heads for $5

Silver Sniper

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I went to the local coin shop today to look for some silver rosies to complete my set and out of the corner of my eye I spy 6 indian head pennies for 5 bucks! I dont really collect these coins and dont know a whole lot about them so I bought them. the dates ranged from 1902 to 1908 so I bought 6 of the 10 in the box. The coins are vf to ef condition and according to my red book they range 3.50 to 9.00! Im pissed i didnt get the other 4. I plan on goin back tomorrow and getting the rest if there still there. I guess just goes to show that there are more than 1 way to get coins for cheap!
 
Upvote 0
Silver Sniper said:
I went to the local coin shop today to look for some silver rosies to complete my set and out of the corner of my eye I spy 6 indian head pennies for 5 bucks! I dont really collect these coins and dont know a whole lot about them so I bought them. the dates ranged from 1902 to 1908 so I bought 6 of the 10 in the box. The coins are vf to ef condition and according to my red book they range 3.50 to 9.00! Im pissed i didnt get the other 4. I plan on goin back tomorrow and getting the rest if there still there. I guess just goes to show that there are more than 1 way to get coins for cheap!

Pick up about 50 boxes of pennies and you can get them for 6 cents if you're lucky. :thumbsup:

-Codes
 
Awesome!!!! Everytime I try to go to my local coinshop they are always closed... >:(
 
Pick up about 50 boxes of pennies and you can get them for 6 cents if you're lucky. :thumbsup:

-Codes


You would have to be VERY lucky. It takes me 100,000 pennies to find one IH. That's 40 boxes. :P
 
Cool score. Not to one up you but I bought some for my collection the other day. Just due to the fact that I didnt have any. Well I get 70 of them for $40 bucks. I come home to look them up for kicks and giggles and redbook says $480. :icon_pirat:
 
If I remember correctly, the junk IH box are either 85c or 95c each at my local coin shop.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom