CHIEF TECUMSEH!!

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI...This is one of my favorite Finds. Just found last week! I didn't notice the carving until I cleaned it. I named it Chief Tecumseh since I found it in Tecumseh, Michigan. Posting a few angles. Front, back and Base of rock...Feedback welcome..Thanks for looking...:)

MinerGirl

Attachments

• SSPX0507.jpg
    SSPX0507.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 194
  • SSPX0505.jpg
    SSPX0505.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 170
  • SSPX0506.jpg
    SSPX0506.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 187
Upvote 2

lurediver

Jun 12, 2009
HI...This is one of my favorite Finds. Just found last week! I didn't notice the carving until I cleaned it. I named it Chief Tecumseh since I found it in Tecumseh, Michigan. Posting a few angles. Front, back and Base of rock...Feedback welcome..Thanks for looking...:)

MinerGirl

Carving????

It's a rock, nothing more nothing less.

OP
OP
M

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another pic of carved rock

Attachments

• SSPX0507.jpg
    SSPX0507.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 149
OP
OP
M

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat find, not sure if it really is carved, but I do see a Native American face. :)

OP
OP
M

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Ryaan 21...When I've shown this to others they have instantly said "Thats an Indian Head"..!!..No prompting from me...Just a fun find...:)

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
M

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the "Like" hamiddetecting! and the encouragement Giant056!...Nice to see before my first cup of coffee...:)

MinerGirl

OP
OP
M

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Curious the George, It does look like that in the pic. The long "streak" defines the jawline and where the ear would be is a wider chipped out line that defines the back of the neck. The base portion defiantly looks like a deliberate "Knapped" out chunk to define the chin/neck.

Oh well, I only have a camera phone right now so I really need better pics for sure. Honestly, I was thinking about it and I think it would be even More Weird if a Glacier or a Plow formed this rock into an Indian Head!..Haha That would be a Real "Twilight Zone" moment...:)

Thanks for looking...MinerGirl...:)

P.S.---Wait till I Post the little Bear effigy I found right near this rock! You guys will have Alot of fun with me on That one...:) I call the "Bear" the Oldest Teddy Bear in the World! Its adorable. I found 2 articles in the LA Times dating 1991 (?) where an Archie found a tiny bear (like mine) dated 6000yrs BP in San Diego...Calif named it their State Indian Artifact!! They went on to say how No other State has ever found one!...wellllll....guess what...Michigan might just make the news...:)

Last edited:

Edmundruffin

Aug 17, 2010
West Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Groundhawk for metal, eyeballs for stone
By Gwad she has found the original. Here is a modern copy, It will break their hearts to know they put all that work into this reproduction. Perhaps they will give you a few million for the original to display at the copy. Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot, over.

http://www.crazyhorsememorial.org/

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what to think about that monument...We visited there 20 years ago and another 15 years before that. My Step-Mom is one half Cherokee Indian. Her Father was born on a reservation in North Carolina. I'll have to ask her what her thoughts are about this place. It looks like it might be benefiting modern Native Americans but don't remember any talk about that way back when we visited...? Maybe 'cause they wouldn't let people up there due to insurance liability.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool.... I hope it's worth millions

OP
OP
M

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone...Maybe I should hire Edmundruffin to be my selling agent...(Tango, Yankee, Ed):) (That was pretty funny actually...:)

MinerGirl

Last edited:

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see the face, And I think it's cool as all get out! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
M

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Gunrunner61 and Oldsalty19, After washing so many potential finds, I was astonished to see this one...Glad you like it....

MinerGirl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread