Chilly, wet hunt at the Yankee Camp

Thunderchild

Sep 24, 2011
N. Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75LTD/ AT Pro / Whites TDI SL / Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Temps around 40 degrees and light rain couldn't keep me inside today. Hunted the pounded Yankee Camp, the site of Modern Miners epic battle with the gigantic 13" Copperhead last week. Finds are becoming more and more difficult to come by at this site but I managed a few today. Two three ringers, one Williams cleaner, two whittled bullets, what looks like and artillery accessory (gimlet?) and a triangular shaped object (file?). Nice to get out. I didn't really notice the cold till my wife called and asked " arent' you freezing?)

Attachments

• IMAG0912.jpg
    IMAG0912.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 715
  • IMAG0913.jpg
    IMAG0913.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 582
Upvote 0
I'd rather dig a minnie than a silver coin. The cold never bothers you wne you are digging good targets.

Nice finds.

KY Relic Hunter

Nice finds Glenn. I assume they are are going to put up a historic marker there (about MM's fight with the 13" Anaconda not the CW camp-LOL). Tenn. Josh dug one of those gimlets last spring. Get MM to tell you about my scouting trip yesterday. Cool finds & HH, Quindy.

OOOHHH....OOOOHHH Now thats hardcore in this weather.

Awesome finds!!!!

Glenn,
I can't believe you were out there in that rain a cold weather yesterday. :o You are a Yankee camp diehard. :thumbsup:
How you keep finding those great CW relics I'll never know. Nice haul again, Congrats.
I thought a gimlet was a drink? :icon_scratch: :laughing9:
-Dug the Anaconda Killer-

That AT pro came in handy on a day like yesterday. The weather was horrible. You are a diehard for sure! I would like to have one for hunting on rainy days myself.

:D Cold? What cold? It's raining? :tard: Who knows it's cold and raining when yer finding the good stuff? :D

WTG, Glenn! :icon_pirat:

Nana

birdman said:
That AT pro came in handy on a day like yesterday. The weather was horrible. You are a diehard for sure! I would like to have one for hunting on rainy days myself.
I highly recommend the AT Pro. Simple to use, remembers my settings on power up, push one button, pump the coil to GB and off you go! It gets real good depth also. Let me know if you ever need a hunting partner around GoldsBoro. I've been reserching that area some. Glenn

Nice hunting TC.

A little cold and rain ain't "gona" stop no relic hunter.

Great finds there! Yes, a little cold and spotty rain isn't gonna keep anyone away--whether relic or coin hunter.

Finds of a lifetime don't wait for sunny days.

Cheers,

Buck

Nice digs Glenn , I hate when the main herd is rounded up and all thats left are strays :whip2: hate when that happens . :( I'm wonderin' :icon_scratch: are the buzzards , pickin' at , the gigantic woodland serpent carcass yet ;D dawg

we dig quite a few of those Gimlets and I have to tell ya,they had nothing to do with artillery.They were however a priceless tool to have in camp.Used to drill holes in leather,light tin for repairs etc :thumbsup:

kuger said:
we dig quite a few of those Gimlets and I have to tell ya,they had nothing to do with artillery.They were however a priceless tool to have in camp.Used to drill holes in leather,light tin for repairs etc :thumbsup:
Thanks for the valuable info.

Good looking lead! Weather is no match for us detectorists!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back