Cariboo5
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Oct 27, 2011
- Messages
- 1,116
- Reaction score
- 2,665
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- Prospecting
Well it's been a long spring but now the snow is gone and today for fathers day my son & I went to the old ghost town of Stanley, BC.. Seen a nice cinnamon colored black bear along with three other black bears, a cow moose and two deer. Jarret had a banner day for relics found. He found some Chinese shreds (late 1800's), a axe head for splitting (probably late 1800's) and a match box made in the 1870's by Bell & Blacks...All finds were in the 4 to 5 inch depth. We were in a gully and I believe this is where their garbage pit may have been.... I found nothing of any thing but could not have had a better fathers day....
....
....
.....
..
.....
.....
....
....
.....
..
.....
.....
Upvote
0
AND... WELCOME!!! You might want to post those particular finds on another forum here at Tnet- like 'relics' (is there still a forum for those?), or 'today's finds'. This is more focused on Native American artifacts. But still- you've got some really cool stuff there! HH! Yakker p.s.- if you're hunting a cemetery, that might not be the best thing to do... just sayin'... Stay cool, pal!
Cariboo...first time I've seen you here. Sounds like you did have a super Fathers day, thanks for sharing it with us...great pictures, story/history & finds.







