Chinese thing, a few wheaties, and a crap ton of clad.

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've detected four sites over the last two days for a total of about 5 1/2 hours, I wish I could get out more but I'm really busy these days. Pictured here is most of the clad as well as some lead (possibly from my 1700s site) and a weird Chinese thing I would like to ID. Most of the clad was found at a 1900 house but I also spent some time at different 1900, and 1870 houses as well as searching for a late 1700s homesite. I got a lincoln spill and there are more in the ground because I just got so sick of diggin em. The Chinese thing was also at the 1900 house, right underneath the clothesline, I posted it in the what is it forum, I'll update this thread if it's ID'ed.
IMG_3341.JPG IMG_3342.jpg
Sorry for the bad pictures, I was asked to remove my "treasure" from the room and I just snapped a few pics before dumping most of it in my clad jar.

Also, wish me luck for tomorrow! I'm going to ask for permission from a guy or family who seems to own upwards of 700 acres with AT LEAST 7 or 8 homesites/schools from the early 1800s onward. Happy hunting!

Last edited:
Upvote 5

mddavis3

May 13, 2019
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So funny you were asked to remove your "treasure". I get in trouble all the time for cleaning my treasure in the kitchen sink! Nice bunch of treasure in my opinion.

OP
OP
Noah_D

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So funny you were asked to remove your "treasure". I get in trouble all the time for cleaning my treasure in the kitchen sink! Nice bunch of treasure in my opinion.
Haha yes. At any given time there are usually a couple paper towels covered in coins/buttons/relics laying around the house. It's been a while since I've done any relic hunting but my favorite fields are going to be harvested sometime this month!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting