What's new

CHR poll

snappy

Full Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
225
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
sidney montana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Does anyone ever have trouble sleeping if they have unsearched coins?


I think in time I will get use to it but I do find myself staying up late I have been doing lots of dimes and someone must be doing a coin drive in town or something they have been getting a lot of pennies in. 4 bags of pennies ($50) each week for last two weeks. I do full searches on them DD/copper/wheat everything. Takes to long.
 
Upvote 0
Since I usually only pick up one day a week, I almost always pick up more than I can do in a night, so I always have leftovers. My goal is typically to finish what I pick up in one day within a week, so I can cash in the rejects and repeat the cycle.

Lately, though, I have fallen behind a bit so I am probably not picking up pennies for a couple weeks. I have $800 in unsearched pennies still around (had over $1000 left a few days ago). Realized that even if I do $100 a night in pennies and nothing else, it is still going to take 8 more days to catch up. Note: $100 is the max I can do after the kids go to bed before I am too tired to bother continuing. Some nights, I can barely make $50. Tonight my limit was reached at $75.
 
Gman don't feel bad about only doing 75-100 in pennies thats hardcore.
I don't think I could look at that many in a week.
 
My wife and I did 50.00 yesterday and that seemed overwhelming! We also had our son running up and trying to grab them which made it twice as difficult though. Find anything good so far in those pennies?
 
I only search halves so I can't answer your question. I NEVER go to bed with a half not looked at. ;D
 
I do mine before bed...I just do dimes and halves though...Did my last box of halves in the bank parking lot...It was a skunk!!! :-\
 
soldierman said:
Gman don't feel bad about only doing 75-100 in pennies thats hardcore.
I don't think I could look at that many in a week.

I don't feel bad. The way I look at it, with my current setup I almost always have something to search unless I finish what I have and take a break from buying. I don't have to worry about getting to the bank before they close (except one day a week), will they have any they can sell me, yada, yada, yada....

Also no urgency to finish until the next pickup day since I won't be recyling the rejects until then anywho.
 
Simply put, I can't sleep if I haven't gone through all my coins.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom