Chugs best "Quarter" find ever!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chug's best "Quarter" find ever!

Hi everyone, hope you all had a safe and great day with lots of great finds! We were able to get out yesterday and today, and my pain was well controlled so we were able to stay out longer!:hello2: We should find out this week when my surgery is, so we wanted to take full advantage of the weather and such while I can. Chug scored a beauty of a find, but wait, I'm getting ahead of myself!:laughing7: We decided to hit our new sweet spot yesterday, there was a guy there already, so we went a little ways away from him to give him space, and hoped he would say hi or something, but no, he left about 5 minutes after we got there, oh well. We could easily see where he had been, he didn't pick up all his trash, and he missed a dime, a penny and this, DSCF1656.JPG DSCF1657.JPG And he missed Chug's find too!:hello2: I'll get to his find in a moment, first, here are some more great stuff we scored! DSCF1658.JPG DSCF1633.JPG DSCF1624.JPG DSCF1629.JPG DSCF1635.JPG DSCF1642.JPG DSCF1622.JPG See? Chug did great! he did a heck of a lot of digging this weekend! DSCF1619.JPG DSCF1618.JPG DSCF1628.JPG and mine!:laughing7: DSCF1636.JPG Our clad, Chug rocked it yesterday, today I win, I had a pocket spill that went, penny, penny, penny, quarter, quarter, penny, dime, penny, and dime! :hello2: Oh, and can't forget how many pounds of trash we dug, DSCF1615.JPG Our pouches were heavy, but we had a ball! And now, what Chug has been so excited about, his best quarter signal ever! DSCF1603.JPG DSCF1605.JPG DSCF1649 - Copy.JPG DSCF1611.JPG DSCF1647.JPG This is part of a gun powder flask from approximately the 1850's! Chug will post pictures later of what it looked like when new. He only found one side, but that's ok, we'll keep trying to find the other half! This is easily one of Chug's best finds, tomorrow I'll hang it up where he can see it, and can happily remember the thrill he got when pulling this baby out of the ground! Have a great evening, stay safe, take care and HH!
Oh and by the way, 71523_331518793619113_173922023_n.png Red
hello.gif

Upvote 13
OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry for the Slow responce, Im sure Glade He missed that Quarter!!!

Delpirt

Feb 19, 2013
Portland Oregon
Detector(s) used
Cheapo Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Great stuff! And thanks for the welcome in the new members section! I've only been out a couple of times being very new to MD'ing. So far I've found a couple parts of an old wood burning stove, some iron masonry ties, and some old flat top beer cans. (And piles of trash as well!) Nothing to write home about but the area I've been at and researching could yield some good stuff if I keep at it I think. Got a few more spots in mind but doubt I'll find anything as old as that flask you got! So far I've been nose deep in old maps and newspapers more than I have been nose deep in the dirt. Hopefully the research will pay off. Anyway, nice to see someone pulling such a cool find out of the sponge we call home! Thanks again!

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Neat finds! Love the powder horn! But what about this "crud" that's laid you two low? Didn't someone tell you NOT to EAT the dirt you dig?!!! lol :laughing7: Thanks for all the pics, hope you both feel better soon. And especially that Red's surgery goes very well! :icon_thumleft: Andi

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! Great stuff! And thanks for the welcome in the new members section! I've only been out a couple of times being very new to MD'ing. So far I've found a couple parts of an old wood burning stove, some iron masonry ties, and some old flat top beer cans. (And piles of trash as well!) Nothing to write home about but the area I've been at and researching could yield some good stuff if I keep at it I think. Got a few more spots in mind but doubt I'll find anything as old as that flask you got! So far I've been nose deep in old maps and newspapers more than I have been nose deep in the dirt. Hopefully the research will pay off. Anyway, nice to see someone pulling such a cool find out of the sponge we call home! Thanks again!

Here is another Find You will Like, from The portland area found In Vancouver

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/327361-might-not-gold-but-one-best-finds-year.html

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Damn that's a lot of trash!!! Good karma headed your way for picking it all up!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread