DSCN0432.JPG
    936.4 KB · Views: 616
Upvote 0

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it were chert I'd say just a big reduction flake but I can't tell what the material is

OP
OP
C

canamrider

Jul 28, 2013
W
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am no expert, it looks like granite and the rock type was different from anything around. There are to many edges and it is to symmetrical to say that it is natural rock, and you can see vertical scratch marks on one side. I found this on dirt with no other rocks around on a part of a mountain that few if anybody goes to. Again I am no expert.

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure someone in your area knows it looks like it maybe man altered but I am no expert and know little about granite as there is very little if any in my area ...I would of picked it up lol

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site. Its just too hard to see. Nice shape to it.

OP
OP
C

canamrider

Jul 28, 2013
W
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, I will let you know what if I find out about this.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
give us both sides....

OP
OP
C

canamrider

Jul 28, 2013
W
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
give us both sides....

I have been checking into this and found that there must be "stikes" to have this manmade? I can see markings on the stone and I was able to get a closer picture without blurring. There are other strikes that are on the other edges, some run perpendicular to the edge. DSCN0472.JPG Let me know if this is anything. I am a complete novice on this, know nothing....

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
the curve makes me think that this was a naturally eroding flake from a larger boulder....

Apr 11, 2013
Wyoming Valley. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have no doubt it is not just a natural rock. It has definitely been altered... smashed into pieces at some point. Could be something, you never know. A lot of people around here been hunting these relics a long time and feel pretty confident in there opinions. Even with that said looking on the internet isn't the same as holding a artifact in your hand. Even experts get fooled.

As you said , it was an out of place rock. Something brought it there. but from how the item was manufactured it doesn't appear to be native american.

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
natural odd shaped rock
thanks for posting

welcome aboard to the Tnet canamridder

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your pictures on Arrowheadology were much clearer and showed that it had absolutely no work on it at all. It is a naturally fractured piece of Granite.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread