What's new

Chunky Sterling Silver Medalion

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2014
Messages
4,475
Reaction score
12,334
Golden Thread
2
Location
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this thick Sterling Silver St. Christopher medalion in the streets of NYC with my bare eyes. 13.5 grams. It may be the heaviest silver religious medalion I think I have ever found.
20250523_075635.webp

20250523_075711.webp

20250523_075646.webp
 
Upvote 26
Nice eyeball find. I actually prefer hunting with the eyes in the 2nd hand market and for artifacts. I've never really had much pleasure hunting with an MD, though I really haven't given it much of a chance either.
 
Nice eyeball find. I actually prefer hunting with the eyes in the 2nd hand market and for artifacts. I've never really had much pleasure hunting with an MD, though I really haven't given it much of a chance either.
All the used market type businesses as Goodwill or Salvation Army in this part of the world. Everything is gleamed over to the point if it was of anything of value it will never reach the showcase or shelf.

You seem to have a world that just doesn't know, or cares. Which is a great thing.
 
All the used market type businesses as Goodwill or Salvation Army in this part of the world. Everything is gleamed over to the point if it was of anything of value it will never reach the showcase or shelf.

You seem to have a world that just doesn't know, or cares. Which is a great thing.
It can be widespread. When I traveled a lot I'd hit the big places like SLC, Phoenix, Albuquerque, Denver and any town in between that would have an antique, pawn or thrift outlet. Frequent visits is key to the success at finding treasure in these places imo. I've purchased items worth way more from experienced dealers who just just seem to not notice what I'm seeing.
 
All the used market type businesses as Goodwill or Salvation Army in this part of the world. Everything is gleamed over to the point if it was of anything of value it will never reach the showcase or shelf.

You seem to have a world that just doesn't know, or cares. Which is a great thing.
The secret to finding treasure is to look in places that nobody else ever looks. I'll share with you guys one of my techniques that I once to used to great effect in my youth. Go to a junk yard and make friends with the owners (alot easier said than done) so they give you access to all the cars before they get squished.

Look in all the cars for treasure - under the seat cushions, center console, glove box, trunk, etc. Nearly every pair of luxury branded sunglasses I have ever owned, and I have many, have come from the overhead glasses compartment over the center console of junkyard cars. People always seem to have forgotten their sunglasses up there. You will also find tons of change throughout the cars.

It's perfectly reasonable to estimate the value of the spare change alone, let alone the rarer treasures, that gets crushed inside recycled cars each year equates to tens of millions of dollars. May as well salvage some of it! Keep the junkyard workers well supplied with treats and soda and they'll welcome your visits every day. I did this for over 10 years.
 
The secret to finding treasure is to look in places that nobody else ever looks. I'll share with you guys one of my techniques that I once to used to great effect in my youth. Go to a junk yard and make friends with the owners (alot easier said than done) so they give you access to all the cars before they get squished.

Look in all the cars for treasure - under the seat cushions, center console, glove box, trunk, etc. Nearly every pair of luxury branded sunglasses I have ever owned, and I have many, have come from the overhead glasses compartment over the center console of junkyard cars. People always seem to have forgotten their sunglasses up there. You will also find tons of change throughout the cars.

It's perfectly reasonable to estimate the value of the spare change alone, let alone the rarer treasures, that gets crushed inside recycled cars each year equates to tens of millions of dollars. May as well salvage some of it! Keep the junkyard workers well supplied with treats and soda and they'll welcome your visits every day. I did this for over 10 years.
Ah I know this secret
Better yet, I owned the junk yard.

Now if you treated my employees that's one thing.
If you treated for the sake of scrounging treasure that's another thing.

If I was excluded from the 2nd option well the employee would be on the scrounging side of the equation.

Though if you had my scrounging permission, and you paid me for my scrounges, then all is good.
 
I think Sterling is up to $31 a ounce\
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom