PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Upvote 0
The Truth and Nothing but the truth.
The Ace 250 is the best detector out there for $200(new). The Cibola is the best detector out there for $340(new). The Cibola does not have VDI(no manual ground balance- if in mineralized soil go for Vaquero with manual ground balance). The Cibola has superior depth and is used a lot by relic hunters.You are not going to find a deeper detector out there for $340. The Ace 250 does have VDI and is the perferred model for newbies for coin hunting-rightly so as it is a great deal for the money. Again you are not going to find a better detector for $200.

Both great detectors.
George

Hey thank's George for the input,still going to do some looking,but appreciate your time!hh and hholiday's to you and your's.

Hi, I have an ACE250 and would recommend it for coinshooting in parks or schools, but if you want to find really deep keepers the Cibola seems to be the choice. The Cibola will be my next machine come spring!!!!
HH
Greg

Hey Thanks Greg.Gotta show the wife some of these post,ho ho ho,know what I mean.HHoliday's

Well, darn! I spent all afternoon thinking up an elaborate lie about these two detectors. Then I reread the post and it specified "the truth"! :o ::) Monty

Wouldnt recommend the 250 it might be alright in a park on shallow targets but on the beach with wet sand forget it also in mineralised ground have to be turned back so much to avoid interference not worth having. Better off keep saving your money and buying something decent dont be in a hurry go to a few dealers and take some detectors out on trial. Try to get one which operates best in most conditions. go to a detector club in your area and see what machines they use. Good luck Neilo ;D

Everybody has their own favorite "pet" brand of metal detector. Do your research and make your own mind up. People will defend their pet brands as if they owned stock in the company and got commission from sales. My advise is this: Whatever makes you happy and gives you confidence.

Well, I have thought about it and decided to tell the truth! ;)? I have the ACE 250 as well as a couple others.? For coin shooting, jewelry, and really any targets not beyond 8", the ACE is the one I usually take out of the door instead of my high dollar detector.? The only complaints I have heard about the ACE is that it doesn't do well on wet salt beaches, and a few complaints from novices that it is hard to pinpoint.? I have used my ACE on wet freshwater beaches and had no trouble at all.? I have not used it on salt water beaches.? I find mine is easy to pinpoint, but maybe it's because I have just slightly more experience than the novice user.? Two features I would like to see on the ACE that it does not have is a manually adjustable ground balance and a volume control.? I think the manual ground balance would solve the salt water beach problem and the non adjustabloe volume control will blow your ears off if wearing headphones unless you get a pair that lets you adjust your volume. (Mr. Garrett are you listening)?
? I know nothing at all about the Cibola detector.? I have read a few favorable reports on it.? Tesoro is making a name for itself in the detecting business and from what I gather the Cibola is probably their hottest seller.? The lifetime warranty is something to think about.? It may be worth the extra hundred bucks just for the warranty if you plan on keeping it for several years.
? ?If you are a novice the trend is to eventually move up to a top of the line detector, it's going to happen, never fails.? When that day comes, either detector would make you a fine backup machine.? Monty

Thank's for the input Monty!Still in the decision mode.I wish I had the $$ for THEE machine.Got about 4 bill's to play with,any other suggestion's?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back