Civil War Artifacts?

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I metal detected a field this weekend that was the site of an old Civil War battle and there is a Confederate cemetery nearby. I found what I think is two musket balls; one shot, one not; the third bullet in the picture, I dont think is from the Civil War ear but thought I would ask you all. I also found a ring that is 10 k gold. I don't think it is from the Civil War either but thought id post it anyways. If anyone can give me some clarification on these items I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks!

Attachments

• first picture1.jpg
    first picture1.jpg
    841.7 KB · Views: 434
  • second picture.jpg
    second picture.jpg
    932.9 KB · Views: 613
Upvote 0
what does the base of the other fired bullet look like? solid? looks like a sharps maybe?

Thanks for the reply hutch. I think it's hollow. I have not got them on me right now. Have I got a musket ball for sure?

Yes looks to be 69.cal round ball. If the other bullet has a cavity probley a Minnie ball looks like maybe 54. cal not a 58. cal hard to tell by photo.

Thanks for the reply hutch. I think it's hollow. I have not got them on me right now. Have I got a musket ball for sure?

yep,even has a patch imprint

Thanks for the information Hutch. That helps a lot.

Yes looks to be 69.cal round ball. If the other bullet has a cavity probley a Minnie ball looks like maybe 54. cal not a 58. cal hard to tell by photo.

A peice of cloth between the gun powder and the ball.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back