JBnNC

May 25, 2013
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I left out Friday at 4:15am to one of my favorite CW spots. This property is hunted by several other people, so each time I'm there it's harder to find the goodies. I started as usual swinging in the open easy areas, but after an hour or so with no results I went to a spot where I really did not want to go...a trashy area right under a power line tower. After a few bullets I popped out my first ever Confederate wreath, which kept me motivated to stay in the trash/chatter(looking for the tongue) for the rest of the hunt. There was obviously a house there at some point and I did find several flat buttons and coins....other highlights include a Virginia cuff button, an 1853 seated dime, a cartridge box finial, and several bullets.

Attachments

• IMG_8939.jpg
    IMG_8939.jpg
    636.7 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_8945.jpg
    IMG_8945.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_8947.jpg
    IMG_8947.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_8955.jpg
    IMG_8955.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_8958.jpg
    IMG_8958.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 81
Upvote 23

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Damn right JB!! Can't get much better than that,well maybe a tongue :thumbsup: Great batch of saves!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Absolutely awesome finds- Congrats!

NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer finds! What is the buckle in the upper left of your first group shot? I found one last weekend near the local battlefield.

OP
OP
JBnNC

JBnNC

May 25, 2013
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Killer finds! What is the buckle in the upper left of your first group shot? I found one last weekend near the local battlefield.

Top right I think you mean. It's some type of strap buckle, maybe for a rifle? I have found seven of these exact buckles and all have been on this battle site(on private property). Someone else may chime in. Thanks, JB

NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Top right I think you mean. It's some type of strap buckle, maybe for a rifle? I have found seven of these exact buckles and all have been on this battle site(on private property). Someone else may chime in. Thanks, JB

Yep, top right. Just got in from a long hunt and a bit loopy :laughing7:

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds there The button and the silver are my favorites but I know the belt piece is a big deal! I'd be up at night wondering what the other detectorists found when I was gone! Haha!

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Super well done man!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a darn good hunt these days. Power lines can be our friends :laughing7:

nigelrex

Jan 11, 2020
Fredericksburg, VA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 3300 now, but looking for recommendations
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the banner day! I'm curious if your machine detected the bullets and wreath on top of the trash pit or if you had to move things around or dig in before hearing the signals?

OP
OP
JBnNC

JBnNC

May 25, 2013
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the banner day! I'm curious if your machine detected the bullets and wreath on top of the trash pit or if you had to move things around or dig in before hearing the signals?

It wasn't an actual trash pit or dump but just a ton of small bits of iron/nails and tin trash in an area about 50 yards square. That combined with giant power line tower made it very difficult and annoying to detect, but that's where the relics were. I usually hunt in all-metal but I had the best luck in the F-75's default mode going very very slow, constantly increasing and decreasing the sensitivity with some discrimination added.... I am convinced that on heavily hunted sites that trashy areas, next to roads, etc. are great spots to find relics. I have found four CW plates on this property and all were hiding in trashy spots.--JB

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Def, a Banner day IMO .

Congratz on some beautiful relics VA button is very nice , the Wreath of course is sweet , Silver , Lead ; Just a great hunt.
Later JB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions