Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
There was a festival over the holidays with lots of campers at the festival grounds so I figured there should be some new stuff and there are still oldies in the ground if I can get my coil over them (grounds opened in 1905). I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 101 coins with a face value of $4.89, a vaping device, a Chuckie Cheese token, a bullet, a piece of cheapie jewelry, lots of fresh personal tent pegs, aluminum cans, can slaw and tabs. A decent day, but none of the oldies I was hoping for.

DSCN2606.jpeg

DAY 2
The tents are going up at camp and the staff will be there soon so I went to the scout camp twice before I get closed out until August . I spent 6.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 95 coins with a face value of $10.94, 42 camp tent pegs, a pair of pot pliers, a knife with a broken blade, fishing gear, a neckerchief slide, a watch face, a copper ring, a bullet, a key, lots of sinkers, some melted aluminum from the campfires and whole aluminum cans.

IMG_6390.jpeg

DSCN2607.jpeg

The ring was someone’s Metalworking Merit Badge project and is crudely done. At least it is recyclable.

DSCN2608.jpeg

DAY 3
My second day at the scout camp I spent 6.5 hours with the CZ21 and found 93 coins with a face value of $8.45, 91 camp tent pegs, a cheapie caribiner, a flag pin, another neckerchief slide, a game tab piece, a clevis pin, a military blank, another batch of sinkers, a stainless spoon, a few tabs and melted aluminum from the campfires. Another decent day, but nothing special.

DSCN2609.jpeg

DAY 4

School is out so I can go almost any day I want until fall, but if all goes well I might be done the grounds by them. This trip I spent 5 hours with the CZ and I found 31 coins with a face value of $1.73, a brass hose nozzle, a smashed matchbox hovercraft, a Fitbit, a civil war bullet, a Saint Francis medal, a stainless spoon, a D buckle, half of a wire connector, some tabs, can slaw and aluminum bottle caps.

DSCN2610.jpeg

The bullet is a .58 caliber minie ball and is decent shape. It is getting to the point where I find an occasional goodie at this site, but they are few and far between. I’m a die hard so I will keep going until every inch is covered and I think I have all there is worth finding. The Fitbit was in a dry spot so it. Ignition be ok if I can find a charger. It is missing the wrist band.

DSCN2611.jpeg

That’s all for this week. I will be hitting the water next week and hoping for some jewelry. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 8

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
There was a festival over the holidays with lots of campers at the festival grounds so I figured there should be some new stuff and there are still oldies in the ground if I can get my coil over them (grounds opened in 1905). I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 101 coins with a face value of $4.89, a vaping device, a Chuckie Cheese token, a bullet, a piece of cheapie jewelry, lots of fresh personal tent pegs, aluminum cans, can slaw and tabs. A decent day, but none of the oldies I was hoping for.

View attachment 2087421

DAY 2
The tents are going up at camp and the staff will be there soon so I went to the scout camp twice before I get closed out until August . I spent 6.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 95 coins with a face value of $10.94, 42 camp tent pegs, a pair of pot pliers, a knife with a broken blade, fishing gear, a neckerchief slide, a watch face, a copper ring, a bullet, a key, lots of sinkers, some melted aluminum from the campfires and whole aluminum cans.

View attachment 2087424

View attachment 2087422

The ring was someone’s Metalworking Merit Badge project and is crudely done. At least it is recyclable.

View attachment 2087423

DAY 3
My second day at the scout camp I spent 6.5 hours with the CZ21 and found 93 coins with a face value of $8.45, 91 camp tent pegs, a cheapie caribiner, a flag pin, another neckerchief slide, a game tab piece, a clevis pin, a military blank, another batch of sinkers, a stainless spoon, a few tabs and melted aluminum from the campfires. Another decent day, but nothing special.

View attachment 2087425

DAY 4

School is out so I can go almost any day I want until fall, but if all goes well I might be done the grounds by them. This trip I spent 5 hours with the CZ and I found 31 coins with a face value of $1.73, a brass hose nozzle, a smashed matchbox hovercraft, a Fitbit, a civil war bullet, a Saint Francis medal, a stainless spoon, a D buckle, half of a wire connector, some tabs, can slaw and aluminum bottle caps.

View attachment 2087426

The bullet is a .58 caliber minie ball and is decent shape. It is getting to the point where I find an occasional goodie at this site, but they are few and far between. I’m a die hard so I will keep going until every inch is covered and I think I have all there is worth finding. The Fitbit was in a dry spot so it. Ignition be ok if I can find a charger. It is missing the wrist band.

View attachment 2087420

That’s all for this week. I will be hitting the water next week and hoping for some jewelry. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Very Cool!!! Mini Balls are alway on My wish list!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Cool!!! Mini Balls are alway on My wish list!!! Congrats!!!
Thank you for the reply. You need to come to Maryland or Virginia where there was a lot of civil war action so you can get you Mini Balls. Stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread