What's new

civil war bullet

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
1,501
Reaction score
376
Golden Thread
1
Location
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Can someone id this bullet for me please? I found it along with some other 3 ringers.
 

Attachments

  • DSC00970.webp
    DSC00970.webp
    47.7 KB · Views: 283
  • DSC00971.webp
    DSC00971.webp
    32.2 KB · Views: 286
It looks like a 69 caliber belgian bullet that was forced loaded and by that I mean that the gun was probably dirty from multi firing and they had to push very hard on top of the bullet with the ramrod and that is what made the impression.

Bill
 
Upvote 0
nova treasure said:
It looks like a 69 caliber belgian bullet that was forced loaded and by that I mean that the gun was probably dirty from multi firing and they had to push very hard on top of the bullet with the ramrod and that is what made the impression.

Bill

Bill is that the same as being double loaded? I have CW bullets that have been what I call 'double loaded' and the tops look like that. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
nova treasure said:
It looks like a 69 caliber belgian bullet that was forced loaded and by that I mean that the gun was probably dirty from multi firing and they had to push very hard on top of the bullet with the ramrod and that is what made the impression.

Bill

Bill is that the same as being double loaded? I have CW bullets that have been what I call 'double loaded' and the tops look like that. Breezie

Double loaded is where a Minie bullet is loaded on top of another and will also leave a depression , which this also may be the case.

Bill
 
Upvote 0
What is the caliber? If its not 69 it could be a machine groove 3 ringer...
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom