Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Attachments

• CivilWarBullet.JPG
    CivilWarBullet.JPG
    10.9 KB · Views: 303
Upvote 0
Thanks again,, Buckram
You always have some of the coolest links....
Not that I would ever get rid of it, but could you tell me what kind of value these have...

Looks like a dropped 58 cal Enfield. Most are only about $1-2. But there are some that bring more. There are so many different types that it can overwhelm you after a while. Congrat on a C.W. find. I'd be going back to see what else there is. HH and best of luck. Stoney

Glad Buckram and Stoney had your info, Leon.Grats on that CW find.Hope you find more where that came from.HH

Thanks again all,,,
I really didn't think I'd find anything to do with the civil war being here in the center of Indiana...
The site this was found on was an old civil war training camp... It's been hit hard though the years, but we have managed a few pieces of silver here and there. I guess my cousin found one of these bulllets there last year, or so also...
Good luck & Happy Hunting!

Good find Leon. what part on In. you find that in? Sorry but it don't look that old.
When I ran out of black powder I used to use mini balls in my wristrocket, shot hundred's of them around from chicago to Indy
It surely looks like it was dropped and never fired. Offers big treasurenet group hug lol.
Just kidding I hope it's old...

There once was a man from Indiana
who found a bullet like any other Mano
When he found it was new
He just yelled and he threw
And said dam it Dano

Ha,ha,ha, He,he,he, Ho,ho,ho.... That brought #5 back alive... ;D
Na just fun'n with ya... I think from the location and the depth that I found it, around 7" down, it is more than likely the real thing... I know the pic doesn't show it, but if you look at it in person, you can tell it has some age to it...
Here's a pic of it compared to a .44cal

Attachments

• CivilWarBullet44.JPG
    CivilWarBullet44.JPG
    7 KB · Views: 281
Good deal Leon glad you found it. I couldnt resist jabbin at you thou! You bein such a poet yourself.
Keep up the good work.

Thanks again all...
Didn't think I'd have much of a chance of finding one around here. Pretty cool... ;D
That's ok Dano,,, The guys on that post made me do it... ;D
Good Luck & Happy Hunting~

You need to get up to Turkey run sometime might be some great stuff up there. You know where it is?
The place where Indian cheif's used to gather

Ya Dano,,, That's a great place... We go there to camp, and to do some canoing down the creek that runs through the park...
I haven't been there since I started detecting, middle of last summer, but I have though about looking for some sites to detect over that way... Are you from around that area? Know of any good sites to hunt?

I used to live about 100 miles north of there, and went there every summer as a kid.
I'd start close to that place where to rock seats are. Do you know the place? Where the chiefs all sat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back