diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have this posted in a thread started by freetodetect called yard sale treasures in the "everything else" board.It was bought at a flea market for $25.00.It is 15 inches long.You can see all the markings on it in the photos below.CSA is stamped on the blade,XX is on the other side of the blade.BB 1861 on the bottom 1/2 of the handle,NN OO on the same 1/2 on the top portion.On the other half of the handle is CSA and XX.The guard has XX and B/B on it.Is this too many markings?Is this style/design bowie knife consistent with the civil war era?All i've seen are d-guard bowie's of this era.Any help out there? ANYBODY?

Attachments

• csa bowie-1.jpg
    csa bowie-1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,307
  • csa bowie-2.jpg
    csa bowie-2.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 836
  • csa bowie-3.jpg
    csa bowie-3.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 793
  • csa bowie-4.jpg
    csa bowie-4.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 966
Upvote 0
Diggummup, most of the ones I've searched called for a D-handle. I know case made a copy of the Bowie knife that looked just like yours but of course it said Case at the base of the blade.

Looks like a Pakistani made bowie most of the real ones have a thinner handle.? Not a bad price for it though. heres mine.

Attachments

• DSCN0621.jpg
    DSCN0621.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 6,365
That is a copy of the Western Co. Bowie kinfe. I have one of the one's made during the early Vietnam War. They have the smaller rivits

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back