What's new

Civil war button.

Coinzapper

Full Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2008
Messages
111
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lansford. PA.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Modified, Tesoro Tejon. Garrett 1500, Fisher CoinStrike, Tek G2, tek omega.
Can anyone I.D this button. Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • 0518082147.webp
    0518082147.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 319
  • 0518082147a.webp
    0518082147a.webp
    23.8 KB · Views: 308
Detail from the backmark will narrow it down, but generally, it's a General Service issue U.S. Army uniform button... Civil War era most likely.

It looks like it says: WATERBURY BUTTON CO. 1854 - 1901

In 1902 the army changed button styles completely.
 
Upvote 0
good call Montana Elf. :thumbsup:
Any CW era button that still has the shank is a very nice find,but however I like them with shank or not.
Congrats. :thumbsup:

fortbball9
 
Upvote 0
Really nice button and even better patina. A gentle cleaning/conservation and a coat of microcrystalline wax and she'll be BEAUTIFUL.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
BioProf, I don't want to seem like I'm always disagreeing with you--it's just on buttons, I assure you. And I value your friendship...



But... I say leave the baby like she is. What a BEAUTY.



Nice find, and a GREAT ID by Montana Jim. :thumbsup:



Regards,



Buckles
 
Upvote 0
No Problem. I've just used the wax on some buttons that had the dark green patina and they really looked nice. Just me I guess. I like that dark green color and the wax just made it look better and not like they had been oiled.

Tomato. Tomato.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
BioProfessor said:
Tomato. Tomato.

Daryl

When I read that--I read both words the same. ::) Took me a second to get it. :P Doh!
 
Upvote 0
BioProfessor said:
Guess nuts of steel don't help in that department. ;D

Daryl

:D


Nuts of Steel and Rocks in Da Head... :tard:
 
Upvote 0
Tomato Tomahto.......lol.....NGE
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
15
Views
1K
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Pre civil war?
Replies
6
Views
566

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom